Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:13:18 PM

Author Topic: First job and the machine freezes mid cut.  (Read 3374 times)

First job and the machine freezes mid cut.
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
I'm struggling to complete my first job with Mach3 because the control just freezes ie stops executing blocks. If I wait and then hit run, it appears to have run right to the end of the program but there was no output.
It's a pretty intensive program that generated 3153 blocks to pocket four small holes, so it's fairly whizzing through the blocks.
Is there some kind of buffer or speed control I can set to get this working at the required speed? I've been using these types of programs for years without any problems on another controller so I know it shouldn't be an issue.
I'm using an ESS board and the PC is a quad core unit running at 3GHz with 8GB of memory and a solid state hard disc, so the hardware is very fast and capable.
Any help would be most welcome.
Re: First job and the machine freezes mid cut.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:01:34 PM »
Ok, I understand that there's a 500 block limit on the demo version.... pity it doesn't say that somewhere obvious!

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »
You mean like on the 'Licensing/Demo mode' tab of the Mach 3 page? http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/

I'm just giving you a good natured hard time; there are 10,000 thing to learn when you are first getting started so it is easy to overlook or forget something. :)
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:26:22 AM »
You mean like on the 'Licensing/Demo mode' tab of the Mach 3 page? http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/

I'm just giving you a good natured hard time; there are 10,000 thing to learn when you are first getting started so it is easy to overlook or forget something. :)

It may well be there, but it's hardly in your face when you go to download it, and the program doesn't tell you when you load a large program. It just makes life unnecessarily hard and hacks people off.
Another hour wasted that could have been spent on something more productive.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:14:57 AM »
Have you considered reading the limitations. There are other things that are limited in the demo.

MACH is not freeware. ;)

RICH
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »
I would have thought that the program might have actually said that it couldn't run the program I loaded, it's not mush to ask and just lazy programming not to include that. I did look at what was offered on the download page and nothing jumped out at me.
I'm not stupid, so please don't treat me like an idiot.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »
Your not an idiot, actualy your just like all the rest of us!  :D  :D  Please don't ask what we are like as you should know.......... ;)

Anyway.........
Yes I agree with you, should get an error message saying " This is a demo and restricted to 500 lines or even less".

RICH