Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:56:39 PM

Author Topic: setting up hotkeys??  (Read 5142 times)

setting up hotkeys??
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:27:48 PM »
hello all. just set up relays for my spindle and coolant on my machine. wanted to know how to go about setting up a key on my keyboard to turn the spindle and flood on and off.  there is a button on the program run screen for turning the spindle on and off but none for the coolant and rather than adding a button on the control panel Id rather just have a keyboard key to do it. :-\

Hood

Re: setting up hotkeys??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 02:39:09 PM »
Think you will have to add a button on the screen with Screen4, you can then assign a HotKey for this button. You dont have to have the onscreen button visible if you dont want, just place it off the screen edge and it will still work.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 03:17:40 PM »
still not sure how to assign a hotkey to a specific button. say for the spindle on off button. the system hotkeys window is firly limited. Is there a tutorial on how to do this.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
open the screen in screen4, double click on the button in question and you will then see a space for hotkey, you can either use the hotkey that has been assigned if there is one or you can create your own. Only thing is you dont want to duplicate a hotkey that is being used by another button but I am sure it warns you of this when closing the buttons setup screen.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 07:25:16 PM »
ok where can I get a list of the hotkey numbers and what ket they are assigned too.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 07:28:29 PM »
do a search on google for ascii code and you should get a table, you can then look in screen4 at a button and see what key combination it requires.
Hood

Offline DNB

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 11:56:33 PM »
What is and where does one find Screen4?

Thanks,

David

Hood

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 03:21:16 AM »
Screen4 is the programme that comes with Mach you will find it in your Mach folder. It allows you to alter screens or make your own. There is a tutorial video on the downloads page showing you the basics of using it. There are also a couple of videos by Benny showing how to make more advanced buttons and LEDs etc if you wish, I think they are in the screen part of this forum.
Hood

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 03:34:44 AM »
this page has an on line ASCII key code finder: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=2153.0
or you can use Keygrabber included with in Mach main install folder:

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 07:39:37 AM »
heh. just finished going to all the trouble to figure out how to add a button to the screen assigned its Oem code added an LED and got it all working only to find that the most recent version of Mach3 already has a button for the coolant with a hotkey already assigned :-[
well at least I learned how to do it.
thanks or the help.