Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:01:37 AM

Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU KNOW Mach4 can send email machine alerts (;-)  (Read 3783 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
WHAT DO YOU KNOW Mach4 can send email machine alerts (;-)
« on: June 01, 2014, 02:41:30 AM »
It is a bit crude but it works (;-) Mach4 sent me a message today that Machine#549's  program was complete.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT DO YOU KNOW Mach4 can send email machine alerts (;-)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »
so like you say, post the code to do it.

Or did you just convert the VB to Lua... if so post your conversion.

Scott
fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:28:56 PM »
HIYA Scott, LUA at present does not have any SMTP functional language in it . It has to rely on a SOCKET.smtp (plugin to Lua) WHICH Mach4 does not have yet. SO I used the os.execute to hop out to a VBS script that I had for Mach3. With a few mods it will run in VBS. 

IF Brain decides to include the Socket.smtp in his build of Mach4/Lua THEN we can do it right and have a full bodied Email function.

I will gladly send you a copy of the VBS script. But it is not something I would like to post here. I would have to strip out the security part of it THEN it would be harder to understand.

I also have a version of code to use a MODEM to send a text message to your phone for those that do not have the MACH4PC networked to the net.

I am just testing things as I remember we had for MACh3.   HUM??  IF Brian would put the Gcode side of MAch4 into Mach3 I dought I would ever upgrade. While Mach4 is very fast and powerfull it is ALSO extremely complicated script wise as compared to Mach3.

But Like I have said IF the GUI is done correctly there is LITTLE to NO need to go scripting in Mach4. It should already be done for you.

(;-) TP
Mach3 WAS extremely handy in a lot of ways. 

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »
Scott, check your email(;-)  The code is ALSO in the Mach Tool Box where no one ever visits.

We REALLY DO need a Mach4 version of the MachTool Box. Things get lost posting stuff every where else.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »
Scott, check your email(;-)  The code is ALSO in the Mach Tool Box where no one ever visits.

We REALLY DO need a Mach4 version of the MachTool Box. Things get lost posting stuff every where else.

(;-) TP

I agree.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27367.msg193298.html#msg193298

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!