Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:47:54 PM

Author Topic: Z-Axis Home Problems  (Read 10386 times)

Re: Z-Axis Home Problems
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
Thanks again for your help.

Yes, the Z-Axis works just fine, with the exception of this homing issue. I am using Stepper motors + Gecko Drives.

I did as you suggested and swapped Pins 1 and 2, effectively swapping the limit switches for Y and Z. The problem did not track the limit switch, but stayed with the Z-Axis. Again it homed just fine (expect that I had to manually trip the switches, since the axis was looking for the wrong switch), but the Z-Axis was skipped.

Any other ideas? Is there another level of homing settings past the 'Motor Home/Soft Limits' page? Somehow the Z-Axis is set to just take its current position instead of looking for a switch?

Offline 1Acnc

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »
Did a search on this and came up with this
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,26997.0.html
also looking thru the manual found
Engine Config - Mill Option - Z-Inhibit not checked.   General Option not checked. not sure either has anything to do with your problem. You know I have run out of Idea when I start reading the manual.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »
Hi. I tried that, it didn't have any effect.

I've also tried creating a brand new Milling profile, but that still didn't work.

What I'm trying now is installing Mach3 on a totally different computer and starting from scratch. Hopefully that will work.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 11:05:21 PM »
So I just tried doing a fresh install on a brand new laptop with the most recent version of Mach3 and I am having the exact same issue. I am using the Demo version of Mach3 right now, could that have an effect on it? Is that one somehow limited to only 2 axes for homing? All three axes work just for motion, so that would be an odd limitation.

There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Or maybe it has something to do with my motion card? But since all the limit switches work and the axes move correctly, I don't see how that would affect the homing cycle.

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
After doing a clean install is the M3 font still different then the rest?

Ray