Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:41:41 AM

Author Topic: DRO's don't move, neither does machine  (Read 2133 times)

DRO's don't move, neither does machine
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Ok so I just got a new machine from EZ-Router and I'm setting up an axis profile which swaps the x and y axes.  Reason being, I have a thousand files that run horizontally from an older jig setup and rather than reprogram all of those, I just set up a new profile that swaps these axes.  I call it "axis swap."  Anyway, after cloning the profile from EZ-Router and changing the settings to swap axes, I was going to run my frist test file.  Well, when I set the z axis depth using the plate, I noticed it hesitated a little on the drawback, and then it went way up and hit the limit switch.  So after unsuccessfully trying to fix that, I just decided I'd start over from scratch and reinstall Mach with the original xml file from EZ-Router.  Well, now I'm at the point where I can't run their regular profile for me at all.  I installed the software and now I can't jog any axis and the DRO's don't move either when trying to jog.  Have you ever tried to fix one problem and create three more for yourself???   ??? ??? ???

What am I doing wrong???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: DRO's don't move, neither does machine
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »
Make sure you do not have the Jog Control off.
Failing that attach your xml and I can see if I can find the problem.
Hood
Re: DRO's don't move, neither does machine
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:42 AM »
Ok so at the end of the day I just shut the computer down.  Rebooted today, deleted Mach,  ;Dreinstalled Mach, rebooted again, works fine.  One thing weird though, it's a new computer and I put a flash drive in it with my files.  When it said it was done loading the driver software for the flash drive it needed to be rebooted.  I never did that for the flash drive.  Would that cause erratic behavior?  I know Windows can just be weird sometimes.  At any rate I'm up and running thanks for your time. ;D