Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:51:56 AM

Author Topic: Heelllllp!!!!!!!  (Read 3646 times)

Heelllllp!!!!!!!
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:26:57 PM »
I'm running Mach2 latest version. Went to run a job today, everything was fine until I hit the Esc key or if i Clicked the Stop button. The Machine stopped and Mach locked up. Clicking on Stop again generated the Win Error & it of course wants to email it and close. THis computer isn't on any network or coneected by modem and it's dedicated to the machine. Not used for anything else, no other siftware installed. SP2 service pack, but no other regular updates, plain jane simple.

The only thing that I did that I can think that caused the problem is I carried my CNC code to the computer on my USB drive. My USB drive had a network key loaded on it for our Zyxel wireless Router that autoloads itself. File name is   setupSNK.exe, it's genereated by Windows when you are setting up a wireless network, and you carry your USB drive to the various machines that you want to activate. Anyway, this computer has no network hardware, nothing in the Control panel indicating a network. No indication  when I plugged in the USB drive that something was loading etc. Dunno if that has caused the problem or not but it's the only thing that I can possibly think of.

I Reloaded Mach2 in a new directory, & set it up again but it made no difference. I've got a ton of work to do, and while I can run the jobs, if I have to stop in the middle of one, I'm toast. Definately some kind of Windows problem but I don't know what. All looks normal in the System menu. HELP!!!!!
Re: Heelllllp!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »
I've isolated the problem to the win.ini file by using msconfig to selectivly load everything. If I don't load the win.ini file, things appear to work normally. How can I figure out what causing the problem in the win.ini file?

BTW I had done a system restore when I first encountered the problem and it had no effect.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 06:30:37 PM »
Here's what's in mine.

; for 16-bit app support
[fonts]
[extensions]
[mci extensions]
[files]
[Mail]
MAPI=1
[MCI Extensions.BAK]
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo
asx=MPEGVideo
au=MPEGVideo
m1v=MPEGVideo
m3u=MPEGVideo
mp2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
wax=MPEGVideo
wm=MPEGVideo
wma=MPEGVideo
wmv=MPEGVideo
wmx=MPEGVideo
wpl=MPEGVideo
wvx=MPEGVideo
m2v=MPEGVideo
mod=MPEGVideo
[SciCalc]
layout=0
[MSUCE]
Advanced=0
CodePage=Unicode
Font=Arial
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »
My win.ini has even less than that.

I did install an upgrade to my CAD/CAM software and the post processor changed. It may be something in my Post, it seems this line: S4500 F5 M3 M07 causes a problem if I memo it out, it seems to cure the problem. Gonna read the Mach manual and see where the error might be.