Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:51:58 AM

Author Topic: Has something changed?, or is this a new bug in the McLua editor?  (Read 3090 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
I am posting this here first in case there was a change in the way of "Step through" debugging in the McLua editor in the Hobby version.   Perhaps there was a post some where that noted a change, or there is a bug...

I put this simple function in the McLua and under debug, If I push run, it executes no issues.
But, if I run the debug in the step-through mode, as soon as you hit the F5 key to step through, it crashes the McLua.exe (get the McLue.exe has stopped working).  I have also tried putting just the "Testfunc()" by itself and commenting out the rest of the InEditor func. Again it will run with debug run, but not step through.

Can someone put this below func in your McLua editor, and see if you can step through it? I have tried breaks at each line as well, but the crash happens after you exit the function...

function Testfunc()
    local inst = mc.mcGetInstance();
    mc.mcCntlSetLastError(inst, '***  Testing  ***');   
end

if (mc.mcInEditor() == 1) then
    Testfunc();
end

--Thank you for looking/testing,
fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Has something changed?, or is this a new bug in the McLua editor?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
HIYA SCott, YES you broke it(;-). IT crashes here as well.   Here I developed a strategy of SAVING the file before you try to debug it that way WHEN you crash and loose it you have a backup to reload and try again.

That bug has been around since day one.

Some scripts that appear just fine  crash the editor while others cause no problems.

Now that is just ME and HERE speaking. Take it for what it is worth.

(;-) TP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
I have been debugging scripts that way since alpha, and for me it has not been crashing till lately......  Did the RC module, and my Multi-tool path screen using the debugger that way, and never once crashed.........

so, I guess a bug creeped in as of Hobby (latest version)? Maybe I was extremely lucky.... until now?
fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
I think it is more that the editor does not know HOW to deal with some errors YET.

(;-) TP