Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:48:53 AM

Author Topic: Coordinate Systems  (Read 2226 times)

Coordinate Systems
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »
I have my mill running in all three axes.  I don't seem to be able to figure out even after watching the tutorials how to tell the mill where the bounds of the table are.  The video tutorial assumes a home switch.  I don't have one yet.  It seems like I should be able to teach the software where the table is and have some soft limits.  As it is, when I try to execute the roadrunner program, I eventually fault in the y-direction, mainly because I don't seem to be able to get the work-space positioned so that it's contained by the table.
Can someone give me a clue as to what I'm not understanding about this?  thanks, rex

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Coordinate Systems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
Move your tool to the lower left of teh table then set XY to zero. That way you have the full extent of the table to work with.

(;-)TP
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »
OK, that worked.

Now I'm trying to set machine coordinates to 0,0,0 when I have the table positioned as such.  If I press "Ref All Home", then y and z set to 0.0 without moving the table.  x does not, the table begins moving in the x direction.  "zero y" and "zero z" have green boxes around them.  "zero x" has a red box.  The settings in the "motor home/soft limits" screen are the same for all three.  Why doesn't x behave the same as y and z?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »
Figured it out.  I had x configured with an input signal; turned it off and it works correctly now.