Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:55:56 PM

Author Topic: Calling anyone who has actually connected a MAX-NC-10 to MACH 3?  (Read 3650 times)

Hi guys,

If anyone has actually got a MAX-NC-10 (OL not CL)  can they please contact me.  I need the setup information to get started.

Thank you

Brian
Re: Calling anyone who has actually connected a MAX-NC-10 to MACH 3?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
Yours look like this?

Darek
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:57:38 PM »
Hi Darek,

Thanks for responding.  My maxnc10 looks slightly different but I suspect is functionally identical - just a cosmetic wiring cleanup.  Each stepper has 5 wires as per the maxnc10.gif file.

I have attached a photo.

Cheers
Brian
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
OK,  I now have the max-nc-10 moving. 

Lesson 1
Thanks Darek for the tip to stop worrying about the step & direction pins.  Great pity the software does not tell you that in maxnc mode the Ports & Pins settings are ignored - caused me much angst.  Sherline 1/2 pulse mode does not appear to do anything (BB's suggestion). 

Lesson 2.
DO NOT view the video tutorials on line.  Download and view from local disk.  That way you can start, stop and jump forward and back to try subtle nuances that flash past in real time and don't mean anything until you can try them on your own machine.  A pity the videos do not have the same file names as shown on the downloads page.

Lesson 3.
I have played with the motor tuning.  I now know of  the requirement to move the velocity and acceleration sliders any time a change is made otherwise nothing is saved, even if you press "save axis settings" 50 times.   

Questions
1/  Looks to me like 30 mm/minute and an acceleration of 2 mm/sec/sec and 2000 steps per mm might be about right.  Does that sound about right to anyone with a maxnc-10?
2/ The Z axis has the correct sense.  Up arrow = up movement.  The X and Y axes however are reversed.  Left arrow = right movement for X.  Down arrow and the table moves away from me in Y.  How do I reverse these?
3/  Running Diagnostics in the MACH3Mill program I can press TAB and the jog wheel appears.  I have the slow jog rate set to 50%.  X & Y jog just fine but Z sounds erratic and visibly misses pulses.  Back in the config\motor tuning screen however all X, Y and Z work a treat.  I have tried the Step & Direction pulse width extensions of 5 uSecs and that makes no difference.  Any suggestions on why the Z axis is losing the plot in jog mode?

The system is starting to come together - looks like Mach 3 is a great program once I get my head around the 1001 options.  I will have to buy a licence ASAP.

Thanks to those guys that replied to my earlier posts.

Cheers
Brian

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:48:24 PM »
Hi, Brian

"2" Config, Home & Limits, "Reverse", Check  or un-check it to change Dir. for Axis

Just a little more, Chip