Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:08:08 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Keyboard Emulation  (Read 23708 times)

Re: Mach4 Keyboard Emulation
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »
Update: notice under the Diagnostic menu there is a Keyboard inputs option, lets you test your keys.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 01:11:39 AM »
Is there a way to have the keyboard plugin automatically disabled when the focus is not in the Mach4 window, and re-enabled when the focus goes back to Mach4 window?
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 09:51:42 AM »
I tried this in the latest release of MACH4, version 4.2.0.2703 and you can do as you suggest go into Configure Keyboard Plugin and assign the arrow keys and page up and page down keys for the jogging of axis movement.  Then exit and close MACH4, so you can restart.  But, when you come back in it never saves the assignments, they are always gone.  I do see the keyboard icon at the task bar at the bottom and you can click it and the X turns red when the keyboard is disabled but regardless the keyboard can't be used for jogging.  The diagnostic screen for keyboard shows no assignments as well.  I thought maybe the Pokeys plugin was causing this issue and I disabled that plugin which is also having various problems.

Does this still work for you in the latest release?  Very Strange the basic included keyboard plugin does not work correctly?  Also they still do not have the enable keyboard button enabled on the jog tab, that does nothing.

Thanks
Russ
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 07:14:04 AM »
Have just studied all the posting and wish to make my own pendant.

I like the idea of using the electronics from an old usb  pc keyboard, putting them in a box with a switch pad of my own design.

However , I am being a thick ?

Can mach4 and windows support more then one keyboard at the same time ?

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »
yes they can, on the second that u want to use as a pendant you can configure your keys such as shft alt cntrl plus another key, you wouldnt normaly use this combination in everyday life so shouldnt interfere with anything else.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »
So how do you add another function to the Key Board Plugin. All i see is Jogging functions. Would like to add a keyboard key for CycleStart and Cycle Stop.
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 02:48:40 PM »
Have a look in the video subforum at quicky #2 although for feedhold you should get the gist.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »
Awesome tutorial. One step i was missing was the restart of Mach4.
I got your example working for feed hold, but where do i find the command for CycleStart? Is there a list of these somewhere like Mach3s list of OEM codes?

Thanks,
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 08:28:07 PM »
mc.mcCntlCycleStart(inst) have a look at the scripting manual and the mach4 core api
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »
Is there a way to have the keyboard plugin automatically disabled when the focus is not in the Mach4 window, and re-enabled when the focus goes back to Mach4 window?
+1 for this