Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:22:51 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Probing and reporting  (Read 14349 times)

Re: Mach4 Probing and reporting
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »
Exactly TP. The G31 should only be used once the stylus is in a known distance from the area to probe. Otherwise oops. You are correct. You can use a probe activate to monitor tripping of the G31 is not active. Fanuc uses Macro Interrupt. A macro UI input is used to stop the active program and then call an error handler that wraps over the running probe macro. Works very well if done correctly.

When probing in point def around a radius where you continuosly trip at interval to track position this functionality would greatly enhance the sequence. Renishaw has a probe that can do this but I have only seen it work with Siemens.

No matter what I always have my clients use the probe builder plugins with either GibbsCam or MasterCam. The routines are laid into the tool paths and then posted with all the macros written to match. Works fantastically.

Mach 4 does not have Macro Interupt but I am certain it could be written into the PLC. Needs to be a high speed input channel. Hence why I mentioned the FPGA input. The plugin works faster at deciding to stop all motion. Also, having a special bit to tell Mach and the FPGA that a probe is present could then turn on protected mode and turn all rapids to a kbown safe speed matching the needed time to stop the motion as soon as the trip occurred. Very important. Siemens does this. Fanuc not so much. Lol. But it can be done. Check box for tool type is all that is needed.

Ideas?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »
Hi Don, I have a boxfull of probing ideas that I use that could make Mach4 a leader in that area. It just needs a little internal support from Mach4. mach4 is unique in a lot of ways as it HAS to support MANY type of probing from profiling and 3d  to metrics for part verification.

that is a WIDE range of functions BUT it can be done well and efficently  IF the added support is created . Seeing how the code is BEING developed NOW is the time to think about adding it rather than later.

(;-) TP
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
Agreed since I going to offer industrial machines with Mach 4 installed. Getting close. Otherwise M4 hits it out of the park. Probing is big. One precursor and more important is the ability to rotate G68 around Z. That is way more valuable than probing function extensions. Currently the TP only allows xy rotation. Really makes it hard to build a B rotated spindle head and drill at an angle. Tapping impossible.

I suppose we will see.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »
HI Don, Another aspect of the G68 is for plasma/laser support. You have to be able to rotate in XY ( not a problem there) AND allow it to REHOME the Z axis.  Mach3 fails in that respect  .

Mach4 has a great set of bones(good basic foundation) BUT as normal it is the small DETAILS and having all functions completely FINISHED that will make it or break it .

(;-) TP