Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:47:02 AM

Author Topic: Spindle will not turn on  (Read 2838 times)

Spindle will not turn on
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »
Hello. So we just got a new CNC machine from Industrial CNC. Its the apprentice 404. Actually I believe it's last years model. Anyways I can seem to get the spindle to turn on. When I'm in the Mach 3 program and click on the spindle on/off switch i can hear a click in the machine but the spindle doesnt move. I can get all the axis's to move however. I did search this and found a user on here with the problem but I can't seem to get it to work. Again I am very new to all of this so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Mark

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle will not turn on
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
The click is most likely a relay. Do you know how the spindle is controlled? I am not familiar with the model. Have you typed an M3 code into the MDI line? If so what happened? Try M3 S5000 (Should turn the spindle on, clockwise direction of rotation and a requested speed of 5000 rpm)

I did look on their website, oddly enough they dont want you to see a manual for their machine.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:19:10 AM by Fastest1 »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »
Hi, so i'm not sure how the spindle is controlled. How would I find that out? I tried typing in the code and the software wants to turn on the spindle but it does not. In my ports and pins menu the spindle is turned off and no pins are set. Does this mean no signals are being sent from the computer to the machine?

Thanks!!

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Spindle will not turn on
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »
What does it say in the spindle relay area? Is disable relays checked or not? What about pwm or step and direction? 1 of those is checked too (most likely) this might give some insight.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 10:23:49 AM »
Ok so i finally remembered to call industrial cnc when they are actually open. I have an inverter switch that I assumed did nothing only because it was not mentioned in the setup of the machine. Once that was turned on, it bridged the connection between the computer and the spindle. Works great now! Thanks for your input! I need to stop assuming things...... :-\

Mark

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »
Glad you are up and running! Ass/u/me, dont do it! It is a 3 syllable word.