Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:12:57 AM

Author Topic: Router spindle runs independent from Mach3  (Read 2515 times)

Router spindle runs independent from Mach3
« on: April 27, 2014, 05:28:46 AM »
Hi,

I am setting up RhinoCad, Meshcam, and Mach3 with a Chinese router. Everything is slowly coming together but spindle will only run by using inverter control panel on front of router. Any settings in meshcam/ Mach are disregarded by machine and speed can only be controlled by turned knob on controller. Can this be bypassed ? If knob is set anywhere clockwise spindle will start and stop with Mach controls.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Barry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Router spindle runs independent from Mach3
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
Hi Barry,

You will probably need an additional pcb board (dependant on what you already have) to convert the Mach3 PWM signal to the correct control voltage for your variable speed inverter. A possible source of parts http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/index.php?cPath=25&osCsid=de85501f8281f01a901b4b484450b0dd

Section 4.6 of the manual gives some more details http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Tweakie - sounds a bit advanced for me. I hoped I just needed to change speed control settings in Mach somewhere. Everything else works fine.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 02:53:17 AM »
Thanks for the info Tweakie - sounds a bit advanced for me. I hoped I just needed to change speed control settings in Mach somewhere. Everything else works fine.

If you find out what signals your inverter acceps it shouldn't be an impossible task to find a board to take signals form Mach3 and provide what's required to the inverter, most inverter drives will have internal settings (Parameters) that tell the unit whether to take control from the front panel or wired connections,
Regards,
Nick
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »
Thanks Nick,
Bit complicated for me at this stage. Given that I wont be changing spindle speed often I think I will buy a cheap hand held tacho and just adjust spindle speed using inverter control panel.

Cheers,

Barry