Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:08:14 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 with pmdx126 k1 and k2 relay  (Read 4865 times)

Mach3 with pmdx126 k1 and k2 relay
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »
Hello to all
I need help.....
I have a working Bridgeport boss 5. 3 axis  Retro with PMDX 126, ESS, 64 bit, Mach3  Bobcad 25 GECKO drives and a few other things i am not remembering to include.
I have the PMDX 126 set up with all dip switches off for configuration. what i am trying to figure out is what to do to set up the system to turn coolant on and off with M codes
I need someone to tell what to do in ports and pins (I THINK) in mach 3, to activate output ?  For K1  And K2. if anyone can help PLEASE do .
I am not able to understand all the instructions given in all the manuals ,  If someone can tell me step by step from PMDX through mach 3 what to do it would be a BIG HELP
I am not trying to run in any kind of expanded mode or do any thing special. I just seem to hit a wall with the PMDX 126 settings in mach 3
There has to be someone out there who is running the same setup
Thanks in advance
Harry
Re: Mach3 with pmdx126 k1 and k2 relay
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21:06 AM »
I have the ESS and PMDX 126 on my lathe and mill. I'll get some info for you.. soon :)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »
Thanks
any help would be great
Harry
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:10:04 PM »
Hello Harry, On both my machines, i'm only using the K1 relay.

First of all, with all the config switches off, the PMDX board will be in a no charge pump mode. If you want the charge pump on, "switch 1" ( of the PMDX config switches) is set to on. Then you would go to Mach Config->Ports and Pins-> Output signals...Enable the Charge pump box....should be port 1 and pin 17. Hit apply.

Now for the K1 relay, make sure the jumper ( JP1) on the pmdx board, is set to on pins 1&2. The K1 relay is controlled through port 1, pin #1. Now go to Mach Config-> Ports and Pins->Output Signals. Scroll down to the output boxes...pick an output not being used, 1 through 6.

In the "Pin Number" box of the output you picked, type in 1. Enable that output (green check mark). Hit apply.

While still in ports and pins, go to Spindle setup. In the Flood Mist Control box, on the left, un-check the Disable Flood/Mist relays box.

Now where it says "Flood M8 Output #", type in the output number you picked in "Output signals"...hit apply.

Your coolant pump should now start ether with the flood coolant button on the Mach screen, or with the M08 or M8 (which ever you prefer) command in code or on the MDI line.

Hope this gets you started :)

pete

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »
well THANK YOU
There have been 2 of us at the shop just going nuts trying to figure it out
Now thanks to you we get to spray coolant all over everything in the shop and floor  and clothing etc.
Life is great
Thanks again
I hope i can return the favor soon
Harry
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
Harry, you don't know how much these forums have helped me...it's time to give a little back :)

pete