Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:52 PM

Author Topic: DRO Code differences  (Read 13978 times)

Re: DRO Code differences
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »
No, If you have G68 the Jog should be by the axis NOT the coordinate system. The last thing we need is to press a jog key and have it go the other way..
MDI and Gcode commands will follow the G68 rotation. We could add a rotated DRO but that may be in a Dot Rev.. We are following how it works on the industrial machines :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 09:28:44 PM »
should move in both, I use it a lot like that.
once i establish the coords I can use an indicator to follow the edge at the g68 angle

mach3 has been that way for years
Once you set g68 that is your coord system if I wanted to follow the linear ways I set g68 back to zero.
If you jog off coords you are no longer in reference to your set point. Your DRO will be incorrect. and you would have to jog back to the same point to be correct if you run a part again. all I can say is try it! Unless your keeping track during jogging where your g68 coords are. Once you move your way your screwed.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
Your right if I do a
MDI: G1X1F10
it does move correctly
so it has to be in the jog routine.

I like the red DRO's  ;)

All things are possible in the screen designer.  You can make that happen in the PLC script!  Just look at the modes and see if G68 is in effect and turn the DROs any color you like.

Steve
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 09:43:08 PM »
That will work, thanks steve
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »
You can do MDI moves in INC mode.. that is how it is done on the large CNC machines. I know it is a change and no one likes change :( . We may be able to change this over time but for now it is what it is. Later we will be turning on some of the out of band axis code and we could make a false axis that could be set to the G68 rotation. Then you could jog X Y and the angle axis .... That to me is a much better way! We have the tools in the core :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:54 PM »
Then I would say that when a g68 is active, jog is off or your going to have to write code to keep track of where it jogged too during the g68 coords. Or things will be out of wack and you would see crashes.
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 10:09:11 PM »
I cut 11' long parts that I put from corner to corner on my router and g68 on that found angle. Envision jogging up to an edge without it moving in both axis at a time? Will a MPG work like the Jog? How do I step up to an edge at 90degrees to the side face?  Kind of why I created the Polar function to solve my needs.
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 08:03:16 AM »
The good news is you can still use the G68 function. Making it jog at that angle is not a big issue but it will be some time before we can get to it. Now if you wanted you could make it jog at an angle. You have the power in the scripting to do it if you want to :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
Cool... We will see selling of screens with scripts that do things like they should be,  ;D

I like the flexibility of being able to create, and yes it's not everyone.

Could be Mach4 is creating a whole new Revenue Stream for Programmers.

And can we be seeing you dreaming of; Ringing the Bell on Wall Street?  ;)

Brian & Steve you have to love the possibilities. but hate the loss of sleep!

All in jest  ::)
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »
The idea with Mach4 is that you could code in cool features and share and / or sell your screens. We want to see people doing wonderful things! Keep up the great work!

www.machsupport.com