Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:10:33 AM

Author Topic: Loosing control application error  (Read 2575 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
Loosing control application error
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
Hi All,
I have to come back again to the forum, because my router is acting up after a winter shut down. Everything worked fine after last year's change over to the Ethernet  Smooth Stepper.
Now, when I'm running a job and have to stop, by clicking on the red stop button, I get this error message: Loosing control Application Error. The instruction at "0x3a303030 referenced memory at 0x3a30303" The memory couldn't be read. Click OK to terminate program.
When I try to restart Mach I get this error: CTftp:: Wake up client board doesn't reply.  Also sometimes when I click on the Feed hold button the spindle stops running.
Is it Mach3 or the Smooth Stepper that creates this problem?
Appreciate any help I can get.
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Loosing control application error
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
I would say its the SS that causes the problem, or probably rather the plugin.
I have had that happen on occasion and have had to remove the power to the ESS for a second or so to get it to connect again.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »
Hi Hood,
Happy Easter to you. As always, you are there to help me, I thank you for that. Should I redirect this problem to Greg? May be there is an update to the plugin. How do you remove the ESS's power for a few second only, without closing Mach?
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »
What I am meaning regarding removing the power is when you restart Mach and get the client wake up issue. The only way I have found to get it talking again is to remove the power for a second or so. It doesnt happen often for me but I was still, at one time, tempted to fit a switch on my panel so I didnt have to go into the cabinet to disconnect direct at the ESS.  I will more than likely be replacing the ESS with a CSMIO-IP-A so I have decided against doing that at this time.

You could try emailing Greg or posting on his forum and asking.

BTW the reason I think it is most likely an ESS/Plugin issue is I have never suffered that with the CSMIO/IP-A or IP-S, however maybe others have with other external controllers.

Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
Thanks Hood,
I'll see what Greg has to say.
Mike