Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Problems with Y axis  (Read 2443 times)

Problems with Y axis
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »
My origional computer started playing up so swaped over to another one, when I started to run a program the Y axis moved in a minus direction the x and z where ok. I checked ports and pins for motor settings they seem ok. Both computers are useing the same xml, here it is, can you check if all is well.
Thanks
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Y axis
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »
Change the active state of the Y axis Dir pin  in Ports and Pins , motor setup.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:14:50 AM »
Hood
Problem solved, it’s been a long time since I needed to change settings I couldn’t remember the procedure. The hard drive on my computer which has run the mill for years started playing up so had to change over to spare machine.
MS are not supporting XP anymore; will Mach be available to work with more up to date operating programs?
Thanks again
Mike

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:20:48 AM »
XP will continue to work just fine. I have 4 PC's running XP, and have had automatic updates turned off for years. Microsoft stopping support really means nothing as far as Mach3 on XP is concerned.

You can run Mach3 on a 32 bit version of Windows 7 with the parallel port.

Mach3 will run on Windows 8, but you need to use an external motion controller like the Smoothstepper or one of the many others available. The parallel port can not be used in Windows 8. I'm pretty sure the same goes for Mach4 when it's released. No more parallel ports with Windows 8 and newer.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 07:36:26 AM »
Gerry

Thats good news as I have been buying secondhand PC's with XP as back up machines when a problem occurs like I just had!!

Thanks
Mike