Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 03:13:27 PM

Author Topic: tool changing gcode for no toolchanger  (Read 2487 times)

tool changing gcode for no toolchanger
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »
My CAM software is outputting a g-code of M6 T1 for tool changes within my program.  I think this is really messing me up because I don't have a toolchanger so when I put a new bit in the spindle it throws my coordinates off.

How can I set up Mach3 to go to do something like this when a M6 T1 is called: turn off the spindle, go to a preset position in absolute machine coordinates, then let me put in a new bit, let me move around with the keyboard to go to a new z-zero, and then let me set a new z-zero (only, not x & y), and then let me move the spindle somewhere safe to start, and then let me continue with the program so that it doesn't forget where it's local coordinate system is?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: tool changing gcode for no toolchanger
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 03:00:33 AM »
Option in General Config, Stop Spindle and Wait for Start.
Your G Code will have to move you to your toolchange position if that is what you want.

The other option would be to choose Auto Tool Changer, if you use that then you will have to write your M6Start macro to do as you want.
Hood
Re: tool changing gcode for no toolchanger
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:55:12 AM »
Hello Freinds
 anybody has a Mach3 Macro for ATC (M6) without feeling the sensors for "OpenCollet" CloseCollet, ect....??

really i have no free inputs to connect . and for me i don't care about this!!. i know that this not so efficent but i will try do like this.

maybe in the future i will do this.
regards
Basim