Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:35:07 AM

Author Topic: THC Codes upset corners???  (Read 23877 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: THC Codes upset corners???
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 06:14:17 AM »
Not my fault you are a bit slow on telling people of your product ;D
Why not do as Jeff Birt does and have a link to your product every time you post. I cant see that being a problem as your product (as far as I know) is complementary to Mach rather than competition :)

Just silly old me sticking to the forum rules in "Promote and discuss your product" I guess.

Ah, now I see, won't work for me though as my Powermax 30xp is a hand system and does not have the interface connector, the Proma uses the full arc voltage as reference.

Fair enough if it's just for personal use. Mine is designed purely for machine torches as Hypertherm don't sanction the use of hand torches for mechanized cutting. (An H&S minefield which I keep well away from).

Out of interest though - what do Hypertherm say about your warranty now you've opened the box and added a non-Hypertherm accessory?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 06:44:42 AM »
Well, unless they employ an internet detective to link the machine back to me, they wont know:)

The manual gives directions as to how to open the case for cleaning etc, it's then just two wires to two terminal points and put her back together again.

the torch was easily and invisibly modified to give me a trigger input.

I can take the torch off and be hand cutting with just an allen key and pulling two small plugs :)

And yes, this is totally home usage, I would not let anyone else use a modified system like this as there now two trigger points etc

Personally I think they should add the voltage divider and socket then market this machine for home use cnc. Its a great little unit, yes it does have 35% duty cycle but thats 3-1/2 minutes of non-stop cut, if i get a big job i'll just program an M0 and let it sit for few minutes then press cycle start again.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:47:35 AM by Davek0974 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 06:52:46 AM »
if i get a big job i'll just program an M0 and let it sit for few minutes then press cycle start again.

Better still just have a G4P... in your code :)
Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2014, 07:00:33 AM »
if i get a big job i'll just program an M0 and let it sit for few minutes then press cycle start again.

Better still just have a G4P... in your code :)
Hood

That's a timed delay??

I was not keen on that because it means the machine will restart automatically without warning, I thought having to go press cycle start was a better option.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2014, 07:23:50 AM »
Personally I think they should add the voltage divider and socket then market this machine for home use cnc. Its a great little unit
Or even up the power a tad and add the option of a machine torch - they could call it... erm... a PM45.

Seriously Hypertherm do more than enough options already - I've been trying to keep up with their gazillion models each with a gazillion options for years....

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »
Personally I think they should add the voltage divider and socket then market this machine for home use cnc. Its a great little unit
Or even up the power a tad and add the option of a machine torch - they could call it... erm... a PM45.

Seriously Hypertherm do more than enough options already - I've been trying to keep up with their gazillion models each with a gazillion options for years....

Yes but the PM45 is at least £450 more than the 30XP and for home use the 30XP is already top budget.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:40:29 AM by Davek0974 »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »
Yes but the PM45 is at least £450 more than the 30XP and for home and the 30XP is already top budget.
Which is why surely, your 30XP doesn't have your suggested additions - or do you want them added for free?  ;)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
Yes but the PM45 is at least £450 more than the 30XP and for home and the 30XP is already top budget.
Which is why surely, your 30XP doesn't have your suggested additions - or do you want them added for free?  ;)

Ok, Ok I give in :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »
Dave as far as the min max if you set the min too short then if you touch off on a high spot on th emetal then start to cut when you get to the low spot you may run out of range and the cut quailty suffers. Now IF you are worried that the torch may snag on the plate somewhere set your Z lower limit at just below the table surface to phelp protect the torch crashing into the metal below the top of the table and hit the slats.

My best advice is to stop worrying about what ifs and get to cutting, pay attention and take notes. I could spend DAYS talking to you about what you MAY see or not as you may never run into some situations.

Plasma cutting HAS a very steep learning curve to it. It takes time to master ALL the different things that you will need to learn.

You do have a magnetic breakaway torch mount RIGHT ??? If not that would be my next purchase or build one yourself.

As to Stirlings HT connector it is just a connector right ? Buy a mating plug and wire the unit into your Machine as you have done the other thingy.

I was hoping that Stirling would bring his stufF to the USA but as HOOD suggested I think he is hiding it from us (;-) Probably does not want us to pick on him.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »
Dave as far as the min max if you set the min too short then if you touch off on a high spot on th emetal then start to cut when you get to the low spot you may run out of range and the cut quailty suffers. Now IF you are worried that the torch may snag on the plate somewhere set your Z lower limit at just below the table surface to phelp protect the torch crashing into the metal below the top of the table and hit the slats.

My best advice is to stop worrying about what ifs and get to cutting, pay attention and take notes. I could spend DAYS talking to you about what you MAY see or not as you may never run into some situations.

Plasma cutting HAS a very steep learning curve to it. It takes time to master ALL the different things that you will need to learn.

You do have a magnetic breakaway torch mount RIGHT ??? If not that would be my next purchase or build one yourself.

As to Stirlings HT connector it is just a connector right ? Buy a mating plug and wire the unit into your Machine as you have done the other thingy.

I was hoping that Stirling would bring his stufF to the USA but as HOOD suggested I think he is hiding it from us (;-) Probably does not want us to pick on him.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Thanks for that,
I do tend to focus on the what-if's too much :)
I also tend to have lots of questions when met with things that are either not straight forwards or not explained in any manual etc.
I will be looking into a mag torch mount soon but my floating head has a limit switch as well so if it rams the slats it will just stop, not so good in a runaway where it rams while moving along as well but better than nothing.

I tried setting z-min soft limit but it seems to get upset by my probing using the work offsets and threw up a lot of soft-limit errors so i have just disabled soft-limits on z now.

It's cutting at least :)