Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:04:15 PM

Author Topic: mach 3 license problem  (Read 8500 times)

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
mach 3 license problem
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
I tried the search function with no luck so here I am. I purchased my Mach 3 license today, got the email with zipped file, copied file to usb drive. Took thumb drive to machine computer ,  extracted and added to Mach 3 folder on machine computer. Reboot computer, start up Mach3 and it still says demo at top of screen. So I go to do it all again and when I try to put unzipped license file into Mach 3 folder it tells me they are already there so I reboot, start mach, and it says demo. Can someone tell me where I messed up?

Thanks , Rick

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 license problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
delete the Mach3.lic file from the Mach3 directory and start again making sure you don't have 2 installs on that computer, check using the properties of the Mach3 icon on your desktop for its location on your hard drive.

Without engineers the world stops

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:32:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply Graham,
  I've not seen a .lic file. The email had a zipped folder 5093, I double clicked the file, choose the extract files option and choose destination as the mach 3 folder. In the mach folder is another folder labled mach and when I open it there is a file with my name and a 4 digit number, ( I figured THAT was the license file ?).
 sorry if it sounds confusing, I'm confused, thought this should be simple but I ain't getting it.   Rick
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
Hey Rick,
  I don't think there should be a Mach folder IN your Mach3 folder.

My lic file looks like this .   . and is in the MAIN Mach3 folder.

Just put the .dat file in your main Mach3 folder.

Russ
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
Hmmmm, may be different now ? Used to be a .dat file, might be a .lic file now .... not sure about that. (mine came on a chiseled stone tablet) ;D
Russ
 :)

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 04:46:12 PM »
Howdy Russ,
you have helped be before, almost a year ago when I was trying to get mach to work with my Panasonic servo drives and motors. Many thanks to you, Hood and the Chaoticone I got that working and have spent the last year putting together a machine to use them on. Machine is still far from done but as of yesterday I finally have enough done to try and draw the roadrunner, but it wouldn't draw the whole thing before it would just stop. Plus I was only seeing one roadrunner when I've seen it drawn many times and there were 3 of different sizes. I finally figured out it was the 500 line limit of demo mode that was the problem so I pulled the trigger today and bought my Mach3 license. I got an email with a zipped folder labeled 5093. I haven't worked with zipped files so I searched it and found to double click and choose the extract files option,which I did and choose mach3 folder as the destination. When I open the mach folder I find a folder labeled mach>double click that and see a folder labeled my name 1841>double click THAT and finally see a file with a .lic extension. The way I got it was to just copy the emailed file to the MACH 3 folder. Do I need to open the zipped folder down to the .lic file and just copy that to the mach3 folder?   Thanks Rick
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
  Do I need to open the zipped folder down to the .lic file and just copy that to the mach3 folder?   Thanks Rick

Yup, I think so.
That's what I would try anyway.

Good to see ya rolling along Rick, happy to have helped,
Russ :)
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
Rick, you might also have to close and restart Mach3 after placing the lic file for it to be seen.

Russ

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »
Well I'm getting about frustrated enough to have to walk away, I been screwing with this for hours, sure as hell ain't as easy as I think it should be. I don't even know if I'm trying to put it in the right place. I have a bunch of mach 3 files , least I guess that's what they are cause I find them in a folder labeled mach. But whenever I double click on the zipped folder emailed to me , then choose extract all files to send to that mach folder is tells me they are already there. When I look in the mach folder I find another zipped folder which is the emailed file. Why would it be a zipped folder when I told it to "extrack" the files and put in the folder? should they not be unzipped if I "extracked the files before sending to the main mach folder? I'm not a computer guy and have no experience with Zipped files or folders. Could someone PLEASE tell me step by step how to do this because I'm just not getting it. I'm tired of seeing demo at top of screen after spending $175.00 and screwing with it for hours, this is b.s.    Rick
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »
Did you install Mach3 in the default ( C:\Mach3 ) location ?
You can right click on your desktop icon, then Properties to verify where the Mach3 folder actually is.

You evidently copied the zipped folder as well as its contents to the Mach3 main folder.
So I assume you tried placing just the ,lic file, then restarting Mach3 and that didn't work.

It's evidently different now, I need to learn the new process myself.

Good luck Rick,
Russ