Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:52:04 PM

Author Topic: No Movement  (Read 3903 times)

No Movement
« on: March 25, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »
Was having issues with the previously installed version of Mach3 on Windows XP where the reset button wouldn't work unless I launched the program from within the mach 3 folder.
My computer was also not wanting to wake up. So I purchased Windows 7, 32 bit. and installed it to a new HDD and still using a parallel connection.
I installed the latest version of mach3, then copied my licence and the XML files from the old directory on the former HDD now a slave drive, to the new mach3 directory on the new HDD (master) All looks like it is working OK. The program launches fine and the reset button works now. I can load a G code into the program, but when I start cycle, the motors don't respond. I can see the program execute the g code from line 1 to the last line in the blink of an eye and with M30 being the last line the      g code resets to line 1 as usual.

NO MOTOR MOVEMENT

Thanks  

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: No Movement
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:39:42 AM »
Attach your xml file and someone will have a look. I assume you ran the driver test to install the driver, the PP is recognised and defined, and that the motors are enabled.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »

I did double click the driver test, but really didn't see anything happen.
How do I recongnise and define a PP    (is post processor what you mean?)
I have a small shopmaster Eldorado bridgemill with a Camtronics CNC stepper system.

I see more than 1 xml file in the mach3 folder.
There are mach3 mill and turn xml documents.

I made a profile when I installed mach3 called shopmaster. (name of my mill)
I see an xml document called shopmaster eldorado
I also see an xml document called shopmaster eldorado mill.

Does it matter which one you want to see? 
As far as the PP you mentioned, how do I define and recognise one?

Thanks

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »
He means parallel port a.k.a. a DB25.

The driver test is an item Mach asks you to use and verify the quality of the pulse train sent from your PC.  

This is a link to a driver test being run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HauSsKiJ23g
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:52:36 PM by Fastest1 »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
Yes, so post the xml file you created and will be using. Should be shopmaster.

To post the file:
When you open Mach3 and look in lower right at the profile name.
Close Mach then look in the mach3 folder on your computer for a file of that name with a .xml file extension.
Right click and copy then go to your desktop and paste it there then rename to something like shopmaster1.xml.
Then on the reply page use the additional options button to browse to your desktop and attach the renamed file.

You need to define to Mach in Config>Ports & Pins which parallel port you are using, enable it, and give it's address.
You can find the port address in in Windows by going to Device Manager and viewing the port information.

Have you taken a look at the Mach manual?

RICH

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »
Ok
I verified ports and pins are correct and enabled

When I start Mach3, the program launches fine,
In the status bar it says Driver successfully initialized. Emergency mode is on. I click the reset button. Everything OK. Status is now blank
I click driver test from the mach3 folder, but don't see anything happen. I have been checking out the trouble shooting video clips and do see that my motor outputs are not quite right. I see zero's

In one of the video clips, the author said for his particular system he sets the step pin and direction pin for
X @ 2 and 3
Y @ 3 and 4
Z @ 5 and 6

And the Step port and direction port at ones for all three axis

I tried these setting but still no motor movement or DRO movement

Attached is my xml file for my profile being loaded

Thanks 
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »
Here, you are duplicating pin assignments .... can't do that.

In one of the video clips, the author said for his particular system he sets the step pin and direction pin for
X @ 2 and 3
Y @ 3 and 4
Z @ 5 and 6

And that xml has nothing entered for motor outputs. You need to assign the PORT (usually 1 ) and the PINS and ENABLE with a green check mark.

Russ