Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:13:05 AM

Author Topic: Mill works normally, but plasma acts odd.  (Read 4094 times)

Mill works normally, but plasma acts odd.
« on: March 17, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
I am up and running Mach3.  I open the "Mach3 loader icon on my desktop, choose Mach mill, it loads up and all is well. runs as it should be.
  If I Choose Mach plasma, it opens  up. I have it configured the same settings as in "mill" version but jog does'nt work correctly. The Y axis is reversed direction and runs slow. When I press the cursor key to move in the X axis the Z goes up and down. Pressing pg up or down to move z, nothing happens. Now I'm totally confused. Im sure I missed a setting correctly, Have been puzzled for a week, and run out of ides of what to search the forum topics for.
Paul M.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mill works normally, but plasma acts odd.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:38:21 AM »
Hi Paul,

For your Plasma, it sounds to me like you have your Step and Direction pins set incorrectly in Config / Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs (also check that your Active Hi's / Low's are configured correctly).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:03:21 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I double checked the settings in both this morning and the problem still exists.  This is a properly licensed Mach3 ver R.3.043.066.  My Config / Ports & Pins /Motor / Output settings are:
                                               X - G - 2 - 3 - R - G - 1 - 1
                                               Y - G - 4 - 5 - G - 1 - 1- 1
                                               Z - G - 6 - 7 - G - G - 1 - 1
While it moves incorrectly, the DRO's read correct
Paul M.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:11 AM »
please post both xml files - mill and plasma
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
Attached are the XML files.
Paul M
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
  And here is the mill XML. I keep getting the message"Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again. " when I try to attach.
Paul M.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 05:20:15 AM »
The upload problem is because the forum only allows a file with a given name to be uploaded once. i.e. someone has uploaded an xml previously with the name you were trying to use. Each time you upload a file it has to have a name that hasn't been used before. Anyway....

Your problem is that you have "Max CL mode enabled" ticked on your plasma profile. See ports n pins "ports setup and axis selection" tab and un-tick it.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:36:20 AM »
Thank-you so much!  Instant fix. Let this be a lesson to me, that when comparing the 2 configuring screens (mill  -& plasma) to look for not only that settings are checked, but also that all others are un-checked.
Paul M.