Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:57:17 PM

Author Topic: 3D HumanFace  (Read 25335 times)

3D HumanFace
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:43:55 PM »
Several years ago I downloaded a couple of files for milling a 3D human face. One file was for roughing, the other for finishing. I've tried (for hours) to find it online to no avail. Does anyone know where I can get it? I've checked all the shared-files here. No luck. Thank you
Re: 3D HumanFace
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
I downloaded them on a disc somewhere. I'll look and see if I can find them.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »
I downloaded them on a disc somewhere. I'll look and see if I can find them.
Thank you very much.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:28 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the one. I'm on my laptop and can't open the file. Let me know.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the one. I'm on my laptop and can't open the file. Let me know.

Unfortunately I had already tried that one. It's IGS format (I don't even know what that is). The old file that used to be easy to find online was gcode. I can't believe that it's not all over the place. It's such an excellent file for showing off your CNC router in action. I want to put up a video in hopes of selling my CNC. I would love to show it cutting out the face. Thanks for trying.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »
Here is a .tap file which Mach can run you can try. I havn't ran it to know how detailed it is been to busy making parts.
Share the outcome with us.
Good luck

Steve
I have this ultimate set of tools I can fix it.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 11:01:40 PM »
Here is a .tap file which Mach can run you can try. I havn't ran it to know how detailed it is been to busy making parts.
Share the outcome with us.
Good luck

Steve

When I load it into Mach, it stops on line: N16S3400M03. Also, the blue toolpath window doesn't show any kind of image, just a blue field.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »
The blue field is the hi res path viewed from straight down look at it from an ISO perspective or side view you will see the face in there.

Steve
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »
Delete the line it just sets spindle speed and direction.
A picture of it
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
This is a picture of the face I cut from machinable wax. The gcode used to be easy to find on the various forums. Now it's gone. Weird. Would really like to have it. I'll hold on to it if I ever get it again.