Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:31:10 AM

Author Topic: ModIO config setup missing??  (Read 9376 times)

ModIO config setup missing??
« on: March 10, 2007, 10:36:23 PM »
Hello all;

I purchased the ModIO, an MPG, related switches and a nice box to mount the parts in to make a remote pendant.

I have viewed the ModIO tutorial many times. It clearly states to enable the ModIO, place a check mark by the "use Modbus" selection under the "ports and pins" tab, then shut down Mach3 and restart. After restart there should be a "config modbus" choice under the config tab at the top left of the screen.

I have been through this procedure too many tmies to count with the exact same outcome. I do NOT have a "configure Modbus" choice. It is not there to select.

Does anyone have any ideas what magic has to be preformed to gain access to mystical modbus?

Some pertinant info:

Mach3 licensed running at 45kHz, Version R2.0.047
Running "offline" as I'm in my office trying to get this to work...
AMD 2400XP w/ 1gig ram

Thank you for any input !

Ron

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: ModIO config setup missing??
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 04:59:36 AM »
Go to ports & pins and enable modbus control. 

Restart mach3. 

Then from the menu at the top of mach3 select the Functions CFG menu and half way down is the mod io config.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
Hello Graham, thank you for the reply.

As I stated in my post, that is the exact procedure I followed. I viewed the ModIO tutorial many times...

I'm saying after I enable (check mark) "Modbus I/O support" and restart Mach3, the "configure ModBus" option does NOT show up under the config tab like it shows it should in the video.

Is this something new and/or broken (bug) since the last update? The reason I ask is I have the optional check box under "ports & pins" tab after you check "Modbus I/O support" there is a second check box stating "Modbus plugin supported". I did not see this on the tutorial video screen, therefore I must have a newer version of Mach3 than the tutorial video was based on.

Thank you for any help or recommendations.

Ron
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »
OK,

I was trying to setup ModIO using Mach3 ver: 2.00.045. I thought I'd play around and kill some download bandwidth so I downloaded the "newest" ver: 2.00.055 and installed it. The exact same outcome. There is NOT a selection under the "config" tab to setup the Modbus after doing the proper procedure of selecting it under "ports and pins" then restarting (and rebooting, tried both).

I then downloaded ver 1.84.000 and installed this older version. NOW I have the selection show up under the "config" tab just as it shows in the tutorial video.

Where do I report a bug? Or at least discover how to access the Modbus config settings choice using the newer version of Mach3 ? Pure guess on my part, does the new version use a "plugin installer" for the ModIO ? If so, how/where do I acquire the plugin?

I guess I'll be using the old version of Mach3 until I can uncover the secretes of accessing the Modbus config in the new version.

Ron

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »
This is where it should be.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »
Hello Graham;

Thank you, modbus config screen found!

I have found it under the "Functions CFG". It is not under the "Config" tab as it is shown in the tutorial video.

I hope this helps someone in the future using the 2.xx version find the modbus config screen.

Ron
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 12:08:09 AM »
Hello every one,
I am new to modbus. I some what understand the concept. I have a M1 and M11 board from cnc4pc. I have been able to communicate with the board from the computer and also use the "test modbus" in the modbus configuration dialogue window. I have a PB switch in pin #0 and it gives me a decimal value like it should. I want that switch to say make the jog go in the x++ direction. But from that point I must have taken the wrong turn at the intersection because I am now totally lost at this point. Can any one give me some hints on the proper setup to have Mach3 vr3.042.029 communicate with the modbus board? I too have watched the videos and screens are different.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:11:10 AM by millwizard »