Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:32:39 AM

Author Topic: Newbie needs help with a simple TOOL CHANGE !!!!!!!!  (Read 3275 times)

Newbie needs help with a simple TOOL CHANGE !!!!!!!!
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »
I am in need of a little help on how to accomplish a simple tool change on my 3 axis mill running mach 3. I would like all of this to happen with the press of a keyboard or screen button. What I need to happen is have the z rapid to -1.000' 'in  machine coordinates, then slow to a feed rate of say 10 ipm to 0.000'' in machine coordinates. At the same time, I would like port 3 pin 3 to go active high and stay in that state until the button is pressed again. The z move to 0, could be in just a feed rate instead of  rapid to feed rate if it would be simpler. So in a nutshell, with the push of a button, I need  the z to go up to o.ooo'',the air clutch to apply(port 3 pin 3) which pulls the impact down so i can manually flip the momentary tool in / tool out toggle switch. the button would need to stay '' latched'' to keep the impact clutch down for the tool change until i pressed the same button again. I hope this is not to complex as it was all  I could do to get this machine up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie needs help with a simple TOOL CHANGE !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
On your settings screen within Mach there is a tool change location. That will accomplish the first part of your request.

I do not know how to implement the changing of the pin status upon arriving at a location.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 03:08:22 PM »
A screen button set as a VB button with the following should do what you want I think.

If GetUserLED(2000) Then
DeActivateSignal(Output1)
SetUserLED(2000,0)
Else
Code "G53G0Z-1"
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code "G53G1Z0F10"
While IsMoving()
Wend
ActivateSignal(OutPut1)
SetUserLED(2000,1)
End If  

As is usual my VB is crap (tends to work though ;)  )

I have used OutPut 1 in the above example, you could use any of the others if needed.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:33 AM »
Hood, Where do I find the reference for LED(2000)? is it a new led or a existing one. I looked in the mach 3 LED code list, and it only goes to 999. If This works im going to give you a virtual High 5.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 03:50:05 AM »
LED2000 is a USER LED, ie just one that has been made up by the user and it is not an OEM LED.
You dont even really need to have the LED on the screenset if you dont want to as Mach will switch it no matter whether it is visible to the operator or not.
Alternatively you could use the Output 1 LED (or whichever output you are using) if you wanted, just use the OEM code for that instead of the User LED.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 12:50:26 AM »
Hood,
  It took some trial and error but I figured out how to use the screen tweek program. I loaded Your code under a "tool Change" button, picked the use VB script button, and it worked perfect. Im not sure why the jpeg image is smaller than the rest of the screen in the screen tweek program. It makes it hard to figure out where things will actually be located all said and done. What is the differance between the 1024vc.set and the 1024.set screens?  Other than one is password protected. The reason I ask is because 1024.set, after adding a tool change button on screen 1, does not have all of the background jpeg images in the correct spot when I load it in mach. It appears that it is smaller than everything else, so the buttons, dro's and leds are not in line with the image.
Thanks for all your help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 03:58:54 AM »
I would not use Screen Tweak, it was originally for Mach2 if I recall.
Use either Screen4 or MachScreen.

Hood