Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:28:19 AM

Author Topic: Modbus control- Fuling DZB200 Inverter  (Read 5057 times)

Modbus control- Fuling DZB200 Inverter
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »
Hello,

I bought a RS232-RS485 converter and am attempting to control the Spindle on the Fuling DZB200. I have setup the comm settings for the serial port and can successfully read the registers from the Inverters with no errors with 19200 baud 8-N-1 settings (Modbus serial monitor screen). But I have not successfully started the spindle from the port test screen. I have not been able to output the correct commands for the spindle start / stop / speed.
If I understand correctly, I should be able to do this as the first steps to getting the spindle to operate through Mach3. Once I can control the spindle from the Modbus serial monitor screen, I can move on to the next steps- Brains, etc.
I do not understand the correlation between the Inverter's command structure- it has F0 - F6 categories for settings, but I don't understand how to access the Parameters. I have seen them listed as P0 - P127 but there is no table for these in the manual.
I want to get the direct control from the Modbus serial monitor screen. I am not concerned with the Mach3 part of the controls yet.
I have researched extensively and noticed much of the Modbus info is years old. I assume that Mach3 has evolved since then, so that info might be dated.
I have also found some sample brains for control that I may use as a template for my setup.
If anyone has the same setup as mine I would appreciate some guidance, or maybe if someone is knowledgeable with Modbus they could get me on the right track.
Thanks in advance!
Re: Modbus control- Fuling DZB200 Inverter
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
I have figured out how to control the spindle from the Modbus serial monitor screen.

Now it's on to getting the data from / to Mach3.

Re: Modbus control- Fuling DZB200 Inverter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
Got the Modbus working with spindle control. Got real-time RPM,torque and power DRO's. I used the brains I found from someone named Sebba from 2012. Modified them for my system and used a screenset that had the RPM DRO already programmed. Something to be aware of for those who research for info for their machine... much of the information I found when I was looking for ways to make my system work was dated and conflicted with what actually worked. A lot of experimentation took place before I found out what settings were needed.

Now I can complete the preparation of my machine.