Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:36:59 PM

Author Topic: X Limit switch challenges  (Read 9620 times)

Re: X Limit switch challenges
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 07:17:27 AM »
Hi Overloaded,
Pin assignments are
E Stop Port 1, Pin 10 Active low ticked
Limits Port1, Pin 11 Active low ticked

Thanks for everyones help.
Billy

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
X Limit switch challenges
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 07:57:09 AM »
Did the EStop ever come out of fault? If you are trying active low checked and unchecked and it didn't come out, it is defective, wired wrong or your pin assignment is wrong.
A simple wire as a jumper from 10 to ground will let you know quickly.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
Hi, yes when i wired to test as you advised EStop came out of fault when active low unchecked. (X in box)
So in the morning, 26th, i will checkout the E Stop switch and wiring
Thanks for the help looks like we are getting somewhere.
Thanks Billy

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »
    Sounds great, forward progress is always nice. Now just use a continuity tester on your switch circuit, should beep the whole time until the EStop button is pressed. Or it is a NO circuit/switch.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »
Hi, i have tested the EStop switch circuit and it is working ok as NC with the limits switched off in Mach. Have run a test program and the router runs ok.

Activated the limits and result as below.

So i have just run a short program and it stops with a limit switch activation tried a few times same result without an actual limit actuated.
The limits are wired in series and are NC.
The limit cables are shielded and the shield grounded to the bob.

So i guess its onto another problem

Best wishes.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
   It is faulting with a limit switch error though they arent enabled? (I think I misunderstood your statement, it does appear your limit switches were enabled during your run)

Back to the debounce setting (of which there are 2 but one is for the spindle ignore it) put a value of 1000 in there. Try again.

My suspicion is now noise. Typically the shields are connected to the Star ground not the BOB's ground (though they may be tied together at some place).

There is a machine side and computer side to BOB's, these must be kept isolated.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:01:54 AM by Fastest1 »
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 01:16:26 PM »
Hi, thanks for getting back so quickly.

Following my last post i got into my workshop and checked over my wiring i found 1 x motor shield faulty and not going to ground, also found limit cable not grounded with a break in the shield, very small wires.

Made up new motor shielded cable and fitted it.
Next soldered a piece of wire to the faulty limit shield and run it to ground.

Have run a few programes to try, all worked ok so i will tidy up the wiring when i`m at it next and retry the router. Monday i should think.

Will be away at our holiday getaway in Mid Wales on the coast for a few days to check the place out following the extremely wet and windy winter in the UK, wetest on record.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.
Best wishes

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
Enjoy!