Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:18:35 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 only loads half of the gcode  (Read 18790 times)

Mach 3 only loads half of the gcode
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »
We got our cnc table set up and ready to go but every time we go to load a gcode into Mach and run it, it gets half done and then the code ends. I have no idea why, the company we bought our machine from thought it was a registration issue with the software so they sent us a new code but it is still happening.  ???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mandy
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:22:13 PM by shortyfrlife »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach 3 only loads half of the gcode
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »
They shouldn't be sending you a new license if one doesn't work. Who'd you get the license from, and is there a name on the license?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:48 PM »
We got our machine from Lightning CNC. The license was in the wrong folder so the program didn't recognize it. But we are still having issues loading the .tap files into Mach3. Some of them only half load others wont load at all then others load but are so tiny there is not way to use them.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
When they don't load, is there an error message?

Post one program that you're having trouble with and explain what the problem is with that particular program?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
i am  having problems  with g code not cutting completey also  someone  told  me  to  check  the  mach  3 license to see  if it  is  demo  mode  or  my name  i bought  the  machaine  from  a  company  out of OK as  a package  deal the license  does  not  say  demo  but  it  does  not  have  my  name  there  someone  else
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »
Hi, Another new guy,
I am having problems loading demo files on mach3. it only loads half the code. Initially I thought it is the demo thing, so I bought a licence, My name shows up when I check in mach help menu. So it is licensed. Still the problem is there. So I uninstalled and re installed, no joy, still only loads half a file. What can the problem be. One of the files in question is the collet spanner file that comes with mach.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 12:42:49 PM »
Hi, Another new guy,
I am having problems loading demo files on mach3. it only loads half the code. Initially I thought it is the demo thing, so I bought a licence, My name shows up when I check in mach help menu. So it is licensed. Still the problem is there. So I uninstalled and re installed, no joy, still only loads half a file. What can the problem be. One of the files in question is the collet spanner file that comes with mach.

Did you purchase your license direct from Artsoft /NFS or from somewhere else ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 03:40:42 AM »
i am having the same issues only a portion of the gcode loads up when I load it but that's when the parallel drivers are installed when i uninstall mach3 and install it again without the parallel driver then the entire gcode loads. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 07:20:15 AM »
i am having the same issues only a portion of the gcode loads up when I load it but that's when the parallel drivers are installed when i uninstall mach3 and install it again without the parallel driver then the entire gcode loads. Any help would be appreciated.

Without the licence file installed Mach3 operates in Demo mode. It will only run the first 500 lines of Gcode with the parallel port drivers installed - purchasing and installing the Mach3 license file removes this restriction.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 03:58:55 PM »
Idiots curently selling pirated licences on eBay if anyone wants to get them removed