Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:08:57 AM

Author Topic: Bosch Rexroth Servo & Indramat Drive  (Read 4979 times)

Bosch Rexroth Servo & Indramat Drive
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
Anyone here have any experience with these brands? I have a rather large servo & drive taken from a disassembled machine.

Motor:
 Rexroth / Indramat MKD090B-035-GP0-KN
 Drive:
 DKC01.3-040-7-FW

I have the DriveTop 14 software. I just am not sure where to begin.

What I am trying to achieve is a stronger / faster 4th axis than my nema 34 stepper is providing. Possibly the ability to switch between spindle mode & indexing.

Can Mach3 work with this setup. I know it is quite large, but it is available & free.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bosch Rexroth Servo & Indramat Drive
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »
Almost certainly that will be analogue command drive. That means you need +/-10v command rather than Step/Dir. There are controllers that work with Mach that can be used with analogue drives however you would need the rest of your axes using analogue. Think the Galil can do both Step/Dir and analogue but it would be a lot of work and expense to go that route I think.

If it was just a spindle then you could easily use it but as you want it to be an axis then afraid not.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:44 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. With all you said, the box that the Indramat drive is in also has an Allen Bradley PLC. Is it possible to take step / direction pulses into the plc & convert them to analog. I am no programmer, but I have one here where I work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:03 AM »
It may be possible if your PLC can actually close the loop to the servo and also accept Step/Dir input.
What you would need to do is send the step/dir via the parallel port (assuming thats what you use) and the PLC would have to accept them and output +/-10v analogue voltage but as said the PLC would have to be capable of closing the loop to the servo so in essence your PLC would need a motion control module in it.
 How good would that be I have no idea as it would depend on how well you could tune, how fast the conversion and subsequent output would be etc etc etc.

Hood