Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:06:44 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 Pulse Frequency appears unstable (R3.043.066)  (Read 11301 times)

Re: MACH3 Pulse Frequency appears unstable (R3.043.066)
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
Thanks Hood - got it.

GB
GeoffB
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »
Hi,
I've got a frequency fluctuation problem and am trying to find the answer - but tried the link given and get a page error - not found - report. Any ideas where it is?
Regards,
GeoffB

GeoffB,
did you have any luck resolving this issue ?

I have tried everything with my dedicated "all in one" PC and still going ... so far a new HDD with a fresh install of XP (Std PC), all the  latest drivers, new Power supply, removed the PCI Parallel Port card just for fun, changed the CPU back to 2.8 GHZ, installed new Memory ...  optimized the settings and all with no change !!

So next I installed Mach3 on this old faithful desktop PC running Win7 that I do all my CAD stuff  on and bugger me the pulsing engine is ROCK SOLID just like I remember it was with the dedicated all in one PC.
Substance abuse coming soon !!!

When I run the driver test this shows a steady frequency under mach control ... is there any explanation for this difference with the driver test and the Pulsing engine instability on the Diagnostics Tab in Mach3 ?

Breastfed
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »
Hi BF
Nope - still got issues - the machine will jog along all day long but at a particular place in the programme it goes for a G0 and stalls the stepper for a brief sec - usually around 5-7mm of travel. Checked out the G-code have fitted new steppers and drivers and shielded cabling, checked out everything going and still it happens - as a quick fix it appears swapping the two pocket sequences around has cured it on this programme but it has happened on others to - and on this prog it went through the prog 3 or 4 times OK then suddenly it happened again - hair pulling out time!
The drivertest shows steady frequency as does the diagnostics - only varying by the odd 00001 - 2 and a straqight line on the graph with just a small (tiny) spike here and there.
GeoffB
GeoffB
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 01:38:14 AM »
Well after way to much messing around and not finding a solution to my sudden problem I installed Win7, I've Installed Mach3 and immediately everything was OK with the Pulse freq.
The next step was to use RT_Seven_Lite to remove all the excess plus all the applicable XP tweaks where applicable and so far its been working OK
Breastfed
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »
Hi Breastfed,
Now all working fine (well it was at the last use!!) Frequencies fine and all the problems seem to be the acceleration rates that were originally set in Mach3 software by others - I have now reduced them from 125mm/sec/sec to 85mm/sec/sec and still at 2000mm/min top jog speed and all is working fine. Just t aken a long route to get t o the answer.
GB
GeoffB