Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:21:42 AM

Author Topic: Jogging Z axis while machine is cutting  (Read 19329 times)

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
Jogging Z axis while machine is cutting
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:04:52 PM »
Hi Guys
 I use a cnc flame cutter and plane to add on a plasma in the near future . My question is it possible to jog the Z axis up and down to fine tune
from the work peace when the machine is cutting . The z axis is also a stepper motor any help would be appreciated  I use MACH 3 software
   THANK YOU

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging Z axis while machine is cutting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:21:10 PM »
Brian would have to b the definitive answer on this but my understanding is when a program is running it totally shuts off the user input (jog).

So in a work no..

Chad

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:41:40 AM »
Hi Guys
We do it in the feed over ride why could it not work the same way on the z axis working between the work DRO and the machine DRO ::)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:10:08 PM »
I havent tried this myself yet, but I had the same thread going... same situation.
My new friend, Greg (formerly ill-percieved opposition:~)) pondered about it for 2 seconds,.. and said.. Wait! cant we could do this?
He promptly coupled up a couple of buttons to inputs and dedicated them to Z+ and Z -
As he ran "Roadrunner", the DRO's on Z went up and down . Admittedly, we were not running the machine... just checking the DRO's.
If THC can manipulate Z height in flight.. why cant buttons emulate the same?.. manually like when we use Oxyfuel?
Instead of hanging over the hot sheet and trying to prevent a "head Crash" which becomes intiresting to watch when the traverse is 15m/minover a 14meter plate and the nesting was done to cut "all over" to prevent plate warping :)
Thanx Greg, I hope it works in real time. I havent tried t yet

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »
Hi Guys
You are on the right track if we could make this a really relay hot topic more guys would get involved and get it done this feature would work great for all plasma and flame cutting machine even for guys that use plasma that do not need automatic height control on heaver steel But leave me out of it because i do not know anything about VB and all that stuff But i am willing  to demo it if anybody would write it  :o for me because on the writing part i do not know head from toe   
                                               SO LET KEEP IT ROLLING AND GET SOMETHING DONE
                                                 THANK YOU EVERY one FOR THERE REPLY
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:11:57 PM by markkl »

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
Hi guys
Brian showed me how to do it with a couple setting and it works great Thank again Brian you are a great help
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »
So??? Are you
Hi guys
Brian showed me how to do it with a couple setting and it works great Thank again Brian you are a great help
gonna share this info or must we all just be glad that Brian helped to solve your problem?
 :'(
What are the "Few Setings?" ???
Regards fom South Africa,
Peter

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 03:28:22 PM »
No I will help anyway I can Go to config ports and pins input signals  in input signals stroll the to  THC UP and THC down  enable both enable Emulated then set a hotkey for up and down this will control your up and down with the keyboard hit apply and go to Mill Options check mark Allow THC UP/DOWN Control even if not in THC mode hit apply and OK your ready to go
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 06:04:11 PM »
Hi guys,

Ive tested it and it works fine, but movement is only possible in a range of 1.000 to 0.200 mm??
Is there a parameter to change it?
Ive used a standard profile to test it. THC up/down are emulated dan MIll Options are checked..

Any idea?

Thanks and best regards from Germany,

Wolfram

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 09:35:18 AM »
Hi Guys
Are you using Lazycam if you do make sure you have the Option right in plasma Option