Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:32:01 AM

Author Topic: Circle accuracy problem  (Read 3042 times)

Circle accuracy problem
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:50:38 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am having a little problem. I'm hoping maybe it is some setting I am missing somewhere.

Example:
I use Bobcad v25  and If I program and cut a 30mm circle pocket, it is always like .15mm smaller  than the 30mm.  but in the G-code all the numbers make sense and add up to a 30mm circle> But when I use the Mach3 circle pocket wizard, I get a perfect 30mm circle pocket?

I asked the guys over in the Bobcad forum, but it seems so far my G code is looking correct,  so I'm not sure what's going on? Maybe some arc setting or ??

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Circle accuracy problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:02:48 AM »
You might double check that the tool definitions for the actual tool you are using is entered correctly in your CAM.
Wear, offset, any amount to leave for a clean-up pass ...... check all.

Just a possibility,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »
Às said on BobCAD I can not understand why anything is different if you are using the same tool number, same feeds and speeds etc.
I could see deflection being an issue is you were using different feeds or speeds.
The BobCAD code and Mach Wizard code are producing the same rad for the finish or at least they should be, I never saw your Mach code but I did produce some for comparison using your settings.

If you attach your xml and your tools3.dat (in the macro folder of your profile) I can have a look.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:01:36 PM »
Sorry not familiar with the 2 files you are wanting? Are those the mach3 circle wizard gcode?

You already have my bobcad file and g-code correct?

Thanks again

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
The xml is the file that contains your Mach3 config and the tools3.dat is the tooltable.
To find the xml open Mach and look lower right at the profile name. Go to your Mach3 folder and find a file with that name and a .xml extension. The tools3.dat will be in the macros folder then the folder with the name of the profile you are using.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:26 PM »
Thanks soo much for your guys help. I figured it out and it was a simple mistake by me :(   It was tool deflection.. In the Mach wizard I had 1mm depth of cut and in my cam I had 2mm. That's all it took. To make the cuts similar.

I feel like a dork but truly appreciate all your help :)
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
Nuthin' dorky about that.
Glad it was that simple.
Good job guys.

Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Had me puzzled how it could be different  if all settings were the same. Main thing is you have it resolved now :)
Hood