Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:04:42 AM

Author Topic: More than 6-axis from CSMIO/IP-S by daisy chaining or similar  (Read 3527 times)

More than 6-axis from CSMIO/IP-S by daisy chaining or similar
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:50:43 AM »
Hi,

Alan and I was starting to discuss [on the Nordson thread] the possibility of using more than 6 axis using multiple CSMIO/IP-S. I thought I would put this on a different thread as a search showed no similar topics related to this.

It would be good for me to add more Nordson nozzles to my setup in conjunction with the lasers and other devices I have on my setup. But to do that I would need to find a way to add more CSMIO/IP-S boxes (daisy chain ??? or whatever ???).

Alan commented though that perhaps the Mach 3 software may not be able to support so many axis or have other limits.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Will...

More than 6-axis from CSMIO/IP-S by daisy chaining or similar
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:55:55 AM »
Hi Will, was it 18 Axis you need?

Alan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: More than 6-axis from CSMIO/IP-S by daisy chaining or similar
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:18:09 AM »
Mach3 can support up to 6 axes and a spindle, so that is your Max with Mach3 I am afraid.
Mach4, if I recall, will support more but afraid I can recall how many.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:41 AM »
Hi Alan,

18 axis is what our requirements in this year would be for now.

basically I am running lasers , UV, multi-spectrum diagnostics, Nordson dispensers, and some other things. Total list comes to about 15 for now. In the next version I will add real-time visual SEM and X-ray analysis to the mix, so at that time I will need to add more axis.

my whole system runs in a very large vacuum tank with mixed gases and solid-state anti-vibration systems which I designed.

It is called the "Sarcophagus".
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 05:22:29 AM »
Answer from CS-Lab:

CSMIO/IP-S has no capability for expansion beyond 6-axis.

Subject closed.

Will...