Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:37:40 PM

Author Topic: spindle toggle on/off in estop  (Read 6127 times)

spindle toggle on/off in estop
« on: January 25, 2014, 05:05:55 AM »
Hi all, I have an issue with my mirco router conversion that I would like some advice with.

When I press the E-stop in or hit reset in mach 3 the spindle clicks on/off at quite a rapid rate, but once the E-stop is released and the reset is off, it stops, with the E-stop off the spindle turns on/off fine with M3/M5 command in MDI, and suggestions??

Also, when my router is powered down and mach3 is closed down the spindle ON, and PWR on/off LED's on my BOB flash, but with a very dim light.

Any advice much appreciated

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: spindle toggle on/off in estop
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:17:05 AM »
Sounds like an issue with the BOB, I fail to see how Mach can be the issue as you say it happens when Mach is closed.
I am wondering if this is a CNC4PC Bob as I seem to recall others having all sorts of similar issues with them.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
Hi Hood,
No, its a DIY CNC BOB, a system 1 V2 board with  spmod Board via expansion slot, I am using exactly the same board on my Triac that I converted, but didnt have the same issues. The reason I assume a mach3/pc issue is that if I disconnect the parrallel cable and turn on the router, all is fine, I press the E-stop on/off and there is no reaction from the spindle on/off LED.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 06:47:16 AM »
check you don't have any other outputs set to the same pin as the spindle

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 07:13:25 AM »
As said I cant see how its a Mach issue if the same happens with Mach shut down.
It could however be some other programme using the parallel port, maybe even a printer you have set up that is polling the port.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 07:33:48 AM »
agreed, but it's worth checking.

Have you installed windows service pack 3
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »
As the is issue still arises after Mach shut down, I suspect it is something to do with the PC itself, I have uninstalled all unused programmes, and there is nothing else connected to the pc.

I'm going to work through the XP optimization guide a little later.

Not sure whether the SP3 is installed, can this have an affect also?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
Have you made sure there are no printers installed or even something waiting in the print spool to be printed? Have you also looked to see if there are any print services active?
Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 08:13:55 AM »
As the is issue still arises after Mach shut down, I suspect it is something to do with the PC itself, I have uninstalled all unused programmes, and there is nothing else connected to the pc.

I'm going to work through the XP optimization guide a little later.

Not sure whether the SP3 is installed, can this have an affect also?

i've seen a comp with sp3 and edgecam cause havoc on a router, i didn't have the opportunity to test which was causing the problem.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 08:55:01 AM »
Also - some security dongle drivers can poll the PP.