Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:53:28 AM

Author Topic: Port Pins Current State not functioning.  (Read 3417 times)

Port Pins Current State not functioning.
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
I have what seems to be a unique problem: On my diagnostics page, all my ports and pins lights are off and none of my signal or output lights work either unless I hotkey them. The crazy thing is that my motors all still work with the arrow keys, and even then nothing goes green on my ins, outs, or pins.

It was working fine some days ago until it crashed because I am running it on an incredibly outdated machine and since then I have not been able to get it to function properly.

Forgive me if I am asking a repeat question, but I am quite green to CNC and Mach especially. I am sure I am overlooking something simple, and I invite you all to point and laugh at me once I am up and running again!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Port Pins Current State not functioning.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
Wouldnt worry about it if its working, the actual functioning of the current state LEDs is a bit of a mystery.
Hood
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
I'm not sure that it is working fully. I am trying to write a very simple program to run the spindle for 100 revolutions and shut of and it won't send signal to the spindle nor acknowlege signal from my rotation sensor (gross infared sender/reciever with foil tape on the spindle pulley)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:08:47 AM »
Attach your xml please and I will have a look.

Regarding the spindle, not sure how you will do such a thing as you can not tell a spindle to rotate a specific amount of turns unless you are using it as an axis.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »
My IR sensor hooked to the spindle drive pulley registers high, or used to, every time  the foil tape passed under it. I wrote a program to interpret the signal as a count +1 and when count =100 to stop the spindle.
I'm not in the shop right now so I can't send you my xml, but even if I were, I wouldn't know how. As I said I'm quite green, so please forgive me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
To find out which xml you are using open Mach and look lower right of the screen for the profile name. You then look in the main Mach3 folder for a file of that name with a .xml file extension. Copy it and paste to your desktop and rename to something unique such as AnideaEngineering.xml. You can then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse to and attach the renamed file.
Hood