Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:33 AM

Author Topic: setting up second parallel port  (Read 16034 times)

setting up second parallel port
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:59:20 AM »
i am trying to set up a second parallel port on a dell optiplex .i have installed a netmos 9805 pci  card. the drivers are installed it shows up in device manager.i am using the current release of mach 3. in the configuration screen of mach3, i have checked the box for parallel port 2. the pins are enabled for port 2 on the input screen.
in device manager in ports for the netmos ecp port,on the recources screen i dont get a port adress, this is what shows,

I/O   ECF8-ECFF
I/O  ECE8-ECEF
IRQ-9

what should i put in the port adress box in the mach3 configuration screen for port 2 ?

in the bios the card shows as an unknown com port.
Re: setting up second parallel port
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:44:50 AM »
Hi !
It seems that we have the same problem... see http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=2496.0

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
Use

ECF8

That is the start of the address.  I used a simular card as yours from Comp USA. It was a "Multi-function port" card. It was real buggy. I had to uninstall all the drives and manually installl ONE drive for the card my self. DON't use the multi-function stuff if you have the choice. Watch also that some of the PCI cards also only put out 3.3 volts............thus you will need a opto break out.
I think "Rogers machine" sells BB that work ok with mach.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:03:43 PM »
Hi did you get this problem sorted? I also have a dell optiplex and the same pci card/port address and it wont work grrrrr. Any ideas. Mark  :P
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
As Scott said use the First number of the range... That should get you working, I only have a PCI pport (This computer didn't come with a Pport)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 10:05:36 AM »
yes it is working. first i tried enabling the 2nd parallel port and put the address ecf8.then i unchecked port 1, closed , went into device manager, disabled port 1.
i then had port 2 working. closed mach3, went into device manager again, enabled port 1,started mach3, enabled port 1 and all is working.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »
Hi najnielkp

Great o se that you got it working.

have the same card and it is a mess.

Tried the same procedure as you wrote but no luck.
What driver files did you install it with?

Does your device manager look similar to mine (added screenshot) with the ports?

Or have I done something wrong with the install?

Best reg
Cory
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 05:04:48 PM »
Cory..

Did you ever get this fixed.   I have exactly the same problem and my device manager shows as the picture above. For anyone else who could help.  My thoughts are that the i/o range is the same for the multi-use (1070) is the same as the lpt2.   When I look at the resources for lpt2 it shows a device conflict with both ranges    1070 and 1068...  with no other options.

I am running windows vista so I can't force any changes.   I tried to disable the multi-use device but that also disables the lpt2 port?

any thoughts?   am I going to have to buy a new card?   
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »
corydoras, sorry cant help. sold that machine. a suggestion though. have you tried reinstalling the driver from the cd that came with the pport?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »
I think Cory is good to go now.

Thejoose, I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!