Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:41:30 AM

Author Topic: Skip Code?  (Read 2654 times)

Skip Code?
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm building a somewhat(actually very much so) custom Cylinder cutter. I'm trying to automate as much of the process as possible. Basically, when the cylinder gets cut, I would like it to hit a microswitch as it falls off. This microswitch would (Hopefully) give an input to Mach3, then Mach3 would use that input to skip the current line of code it is on and move to the next line of code.

Is there such functionality in Mach3? I've looked in the VB guide and done a little(Very little) research on Brains, but I haven't been able to find my answers. Can someone here help me?

Thanks for your time.
Re: Skip Code?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »
You would be better off using a PLC with digital IO and programming in ladder logic.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:31:11 PM »
Search the forum for G31 command, there is lots of it on here
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Programming in "brains" is really lack luster at best. It's an attempt to provide a PLC environment ladder logic solution on the cheap. Problem is it lacks the functions to provide safe programming. In my opinion it shouldn't be used as a PLC programming replacement.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
Programming in "brains" is really lack luster at best. It's an attempt to provide a PLC environment ladder logic solution on the cheap. Problem is it lacks the functions to provide safe programming. In my opinion it shouldn't be used as a PLC programming replacement.

Whilst difference of opinion is a good thing and to be encouraged for those that use ‘Mach Brains’ it has been found to be an extremely useful free addition to the Mach3 software.
The bottom line is “if you don’t like ‘Mach Brains’ or they do not meet your requirement then don’t use them”, it’s a simple as that.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE