Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:42:48 PM

Author Topic: cnc /mach 3 freeze  (Read 2761 times)

cnc /mach 3 freeze
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
Hello everyone I just bought a cnc router an I am running mach 3 I set everything up fine an it has cut well for the past week now all a sudden when I zero out to start my cutting some times the router will go straight up an the burries the bit all the way thro the wood it doesn't do it every time though I don't understand then the other problem is when the cnc is cutting right it will step out of the tool path an like it steps over it never done this before I am running windows 7 an it freezes a lot could that be a problem some plz help an sorry about the spelling an I'm cutting letters not 3d
Re: cnc /mach 3 freeze
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
Someone plz help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
What version of Mach are you using?
Can you attach your xml please.
Can you send a link to the machine you have so I can see specs.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »
My daughter's boyfriend was trying to explain the issue but I'm gonna do in more detail. I have a FLA200. Which is a 2 x 4 that can cut 28 x 52. I have been working with Nate  at FLA on some issues I was having. He has checked my XML file and everything. He has seen no problems at all. He has helped me a lot.  The problem I'm having is trying to cut names out of .5 birch plywood. I set the toolpath in Aspire 3.0 with 5 passes. I created the drawing of letters using the weld feature and make one word. The first pass runs smooth and cuts the insides out perfect.  The problem occurs during 2nd, 3rd, 4th. And last pass. Seems something is making each pass step over about .125 in. I have checked my tooling parameters and found no issues. Neither did Nate. I have tried to add pictures but apparently something is keeping me from uploading. Do u have an email address I can send. Just hoping someone has had the problem.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:40:23 PM by Burton1992 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:03:54 AM »
If you need help on this one I can only repeat Hood's request;

What version of Mach are you using?
Can you attach your xml please.
Can you send a link to the machine you have so I can see specs.

Tweakie.
PEACE