Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:39:57 PM

Author Topic: Galil plugin version 4.6 available.  (Read 14546 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Galil plugin version 4.6 available.
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
There is a new Galil plugin available on the plugin download section of http://www.machsupport.com.

Two plugins...  One for Smart Term and one that will work with Galil Tools (and possibly Galil Suite) PCI drivers and Ethernet controllers.  Pick the one you want.  You don't want both plugins in the plugin directory at the same time! 

Steve

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
Re: Galil plugin version 4.6 available.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:43 AM »
This brings up a good question for me.
I am setting up a system With a Optima 18x3 with steppers.

Do I install Smartterm or the new Suite.

Also I am confused on another Topic which I guess should be posted elsewhere, but here I go.
I am building a machine using Parker Daedal Cross Roller stages/ actuators.
These come with optical limits attached and linear encoders.

Does anyone Know how to hook these up?

My bridgeport that I have and used for many years ( now in storage ) I had the limits disable the enable on the Amp ( stepper driver)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 07:52:47 AM »
Hi Steve.

Mate wondering if you have a changelog for the v.4.6 of the plugin. I remmember in the past you said there were some things to fix wiith the slave axis routine...  Also, let me ask you... what happens to motion if I play with the Vector Deceleration variable, with linear interpolation. I I'd like to achieve is to increase the deceleration time prior to direction changes on the Gcode.. I suppose I'd ultimately like to create a scurve accell/decel curve... Is that possible?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 01:35:49 PM »
No,  I do not keep such a log.  Most of the work was to provide plugin that would work with Smart Term.  And then also one that works with the newer software from Galil.  I have not done anything with slaving.  I don't have a gantry machine.

Mach is the trajectory planner.  The Galil just follows the ball.  So Mach is outputting a trapezoidal profile and you will not change that.  In the plugin, we set VA and VD to the same value.  This value is pretty high as we usually want the Galil to follow what Mach is giving it as closely as possible.  You can try it, but your mileage may vary.  It is not something ANY of it was designed to do.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »
When I try to load Mach 3 after installing the Galil ST 4.6 plugin.  I get a message saying that the plugin .DLL is not valid.  I have downloaded and installed a few times with no change.  I have also tried this on 2 separate computers, one with Win 7 and the other with XP.
However, if I install the Galil plugin for the older Galil software then Mach 3 accepts it.
Is there a known issue with the ST plugin?  If so is there a workaround?

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
Hi Tony,

You want the attached file this has been updated by Smurph/Steve.
It only works in XP.

The only way I have been able to change plugins is to wipe Mach3 and reinstall.
I also suggest to install some sort of registry cleaner. I use PC Tools performance toolkit, but there are others.

If Steve/Smurph sees your post maybe he will have some further advice. He is pretty much the GURU around here!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »
Many thanks.  I am off to test that now.  Fortunately XP is what I have installed on the computer that I have dedicated to Mach 3.  I'll run a regcleaner first
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »
That didn't work any better.
I uninstalled Mach 3, ran a reg cleaner which deleted several Mach 3 keys, reinstalled Mach 3, installed the ST plugin and started Mach 3.
i got the same error messages as before.  It tells me that the Galil ST DLL is defective.  I am running a new installation of XP with no internet connection and I have disabled all unnecessary features that I can think of, such as the firewall, auto-updating etc..
The only other software that I have installed is Galil suite and the reg cleaner.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:26:21 AM »
Am I correct in reading between the lines here that the plugin only works with XP? Is there a version that works with Windows7?

Thanks,
Alan
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »
i think that the plugin works with W7.  It turns out that my problem was that I wrongly thought that the plug-in with the ST suffix was for the latest Galil drivers.  It works fine for me when I use the plug-in without that suffix.