Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:46 AM

Author Topic: Predator CNC Editor  (Read 8811 times)

Predator CNC Editor
« on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »
 Can anyone give me the template code for Mach3 to load the predator program . I do have both a BobCad and Mach3 License

Johnny

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Predator CNC Editor
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
Not sure what you are meaning, dont see how Mach has anything to do with Predator, but maybe if you explain a bit more someone can help.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »
Predator has templates for different machines such as deckel, fadel, Haas. There is not a mach3 program listed there so when the operation
 is loaded it's scrambled and not readable. In BobCad when you start a operation you set your post processor to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\Posts\Mill\Mach3-Mill-NoATC.MillPst. This address doesn't follow to predator, When I took the BobCad class the instructor said to call BobCad and they would give you
that information,  They will sell me a service contract. 3 questions in 1 year for $200.00

Maybe I just don't know what I am doing but it don't just load

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:38:50 PM »
In BobCAD you set up the machine profile so that that the axes work the correct way for your machine. If you have the advanced simulation in BobCAD itself then you can also set up an actual model of your machine if you wish, but you have to draw the model yourself. For predator I dont know as I do not have it but as far as I am aware it will just be a profile you set up yourself and I dont think there is full machine simulation it it, could be wrong though but if there is I would imagine it would be up to you to draw a 3d model of your particular machine.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
predator is a edit software and I think the problem is me. I was as you guys say, "reading instructions" and I think it is a posting mistake. I hope.
Senior moment.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:00 AM »
Al Depaulo is the guy to talk to if you need help or posting on the BobCAD section of the CNC zone will also likely get you help as there are a lot of people there that use Predator. Just a friendly warning though about the zone, dont go in all guns blazing or you may get some return fire :)
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 03:20:14 AM »
Sorry spelling of Al's name was wrong and I am too late to edit the above post, it is Al DePoalo.

Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:39:33 AM »
When I took the BobCad class the instructor said to call BobCad and they would give you
that information,  They will sell me a service contract. 3 questions in 1 year for $200.00

Off Topic but is this what BobCAD-CAM call 'customer service' ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 07:15:22 AM »
When I took the BobCad class the instructor said to call BobCad and they would give you
that information,  They will sell me a service contract. 3 questions in 1 year for $200.00

Off Topic but is this what BobCAD-CAM call 'customer service' ??

Tweakie.

... and I suppose, "What ? ? ? ..... are you kidding me ? ? ?" count as two. ;D

So, be careful of your phraseology.
Russ :)