Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:44:09 AM

Author Topic: Reload Mach3Turn  (Read 3201 times)

Offline B3030

•  25 25
    • View Profile
Reload Mach3Turn
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »
I've had Mach 3 up and running with a router for a year.  In a misguided attempt to minimize clutter, I deleted the Mach3Turn profile from the Mach3Loader screen.  Now I find myself on the verge of CNC'ing my Sherline lathe, and I don't have that profile.

Is there any way to restore that profile?

If not, what configuration files should I back-up if I end up re-installing Mach 3?

I appreciate any advice for this misguided novice.

B3030
Re: Reload Mach3Turn
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
Have a look in xmlbackups folder   C:\ Mach3 \ xmlbackups

rename the file ( if existing ) to *. xml  and place it into the Mach3 folder

Alex

Offline B3030

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:00 PM »
Thanks Alex,

It didn't exist on the XP computer I use, but I did find it on a Win7 machine that I had tried it on but didn't use.

I appreciate the help,

B3030

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:49:15 AM »
Use the loader to make a new profile, it will only make a mill profile but that is not a problem. Once you have made that profile you can then open it and then go to View, Open Screen and then choose  Lathe screen from the file type drop down and select 1024.lset from the Mach3 folder. You then shut down  Mach and next time you open it will be a lathe profile.

Hood

Offline B3030

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »
Thanks Hood,
That fills in a few blanks.

One more question: The profile I use for a Router has the Default Units set to inches.  My Lathe is metric. I am aware of the following warning from page 5-9 of the 1.84 Install Guide:
   So the choice is yours. Use Config>Setup Units to choose MMs or Inches (see figure 5.10).
   Once you have made a choice you must not change it without going back over all the
   following steps or total confusion will reign! A message box reminds you of this when you
   use Config>Setup units.

That being said, are the profile different enough that one profile could default to Inches and a second profile default to MM, and they wouldn't interfere with each other?

I ask because a ran into a problem were I wasn't able to use different Auto Tool Change macros for different profiles (since the block was different for each).  I had to get help writing a macro that would ask the height of each block.  In that case the different profiles affected each other.

B3030

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 08:50:14 AM »
All profiles are individual as are their macros. I suspect you possibly didnt have the macro in the correct folder. For example if you had two profiles, we will say their names are mill1 and mill2. Now the macro folder for each of these would be.
C:\Mach3\macros\Mill1
and
C:\Mach3\macros\Mill2

As long as you have the correct macros in the correct profiles they will all be independent of each other.

One other thing it may possibly have been is the toolchange macro you are talking about was actually a button, in that case it is the screenset that contains that and you would need to use two screensets, one for each profile.

Hood
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:51:47 AM by Hood »

Offline B3030

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I have been using the button so the separate screensets should resolve that. 

B3030