Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:57 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 3D Printer  (Read 42831 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 3D printer
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 01:52:25 AM »
Looking good.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 01:57:33 AM »
Its got me wondering, If anyone has ran more then 2.3 million lines of code through Mach in a single code.  I have done 1.3 million before.  But not almost double that.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »
I think 2.3m may well be the record but as long as you remain below 10m the official line is that it will be OK.

How long do you estimate that job run to take ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 02:29:17 AM »
I am a little over 30 hours in now.  About the half way point.  I honestly expected something to quit.  Filament issues, heat issues, drive wheel clog.  You know, anything.
I did run into an issue this afternoon, it got about 90 degrees in my little shop building.  I noticed that the filament was sagging and was generally rough.  Tried adding a fan to blow air across the whole router.  Turned the heat down a bit on the nozzle as well.  I think it got to cool as the filament stopped flowing.  took me a few seconds to get the heat cranked up and get ooze oozing again.  I am also testing different heat settings on the nozzle.  Make a small change and let it print an hour or so.  This way I can see what changes where made in the layers of the model when its done.   I am getting some good data from this print test.  The power to the heater block is nothing more then a small transformer and a home light dimmer switch.  No way of actually measuring temps.  So I have my volt meter attached to the wires going to the heater so I can get a voltage range and see which voltages gives nice smooth walls with the fewest strings.

My shop is actually in our neighbors yard.  So I have to go outside, next door and into the detached shop.  Sure its only 100 ft away, but I like to think I am efficient.  I have a PC in the shop with a quick cam trained onto the mill.  I use teamviewer to remote into it and watch it near real time.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 09:32:33 AM »
1.5 million lines of code so far.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »
This is bad, now I am going to have to finish the printing attachment for my CNC machine! I bought some reprap parts and they were all either poorly designed or poorly made and failed before I even got the first part.  So I decided to use some industrial parts and haven't installed the new parts yet.

One question.  What travel speeds are you using?  Build time is a function of size and travel speed. I have no desire to print something that large, but I'd like to know what speeds you are doing with a router as my machine has ball screws.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »
Kisslicer settings
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
last setting that didt make it in.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »
well it finally finished. 54 hours.  I forgot to wire up the fan that cools the filament as it comes out of the nozzle.  So there will need to be alot of clean up.  I included a picture of the wiper pillar that it prints before each layer of the model to clean the nozzle.  Looking at the banding, you can see where the temps got up to 90 degrees inside my shop. 
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
garyhlucas

my 4030 router also has ball screws on the X and Y.  Unsuported rails though, so it does rock and flex a bit.