Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:36:14 AM

Author Topic: Some problems with Mach 3  (Read 3652 times)

Some problems with Mach 3
« on: March 05, 2007, 05:20:05 PM »
Hi,
I downloaded from the site MACH 3 CNC CONTROLLER  Version R 2.0.053, which I am using with plasma cutting system. A problem appeared with the version with plasma screen. If I move the machine by X axis, to one or another direction, axis Z moves actually, to one or another direction. If I move the machine by Y axis, X and Y are moving together in the same time, to one direction, even if I change the direction by the keyboard. Adding the license file, doesn’t solve the problem. The coordinates on the screen are correct, but the machine is not in a condition to make something correctly.
When I turn the milling screen on, the problem mentioned above doesn’t exist anymore and the machine turns correctly to all the axes. The machine is made for plasma cutting, so I would like to use the plasma screen, which is out of use really. I am forced to use the milling screen.
In the system for plasma cutting I use plasma installations delivered by HYPERTHERM -  POWER MAX 1650, which can signalize the CNC controller when the toggle torch has drilled the sheet iron, so the movement to the contour to begin. If I can use such possibility of the CNC controller, the process of plasma cutting will be absolutely automatic. My question is if I have such opportunity.
Re: Some problems with Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »
This was done off list and found that MaxNC mode was checked... so if you have this problem please look to see that you don't have MaxNC mode on if you are not running one :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »
 Mr. Barker,

You have found our problem. Thank you for your support.
Sorry if we have disturbed you.
Thank you very much and I wish you luck.
--
Best Regards:
eng.Georgy Simeonov
Manager
Maximum Engineering LTd.
http://WWW.MAX-ENG.COM
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:46:14 AM »
No problem, you did one that I had not seen in the past and now I know what happens to a machine if MaxNC mode is on...  I learn more everyday!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com