Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:28:14 PM

Author Topic: Zero tool height.  (Read 20935 times)

Offline Eli

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Re: Zero tool height.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
Hi Bush flyer. I have used that video before, that's where I kept getting "Not yet Implemented". I made some changes with the wiring to the limit switches and i got rid of the Not yet Implemented and now I get 4 lines of DoButton(24)  Now on the ststus bottom I get "error on line 1 "Argument Not optional."
                                                                         "          "  (23)
                                                                         "             (22)
                                                                         "             (25)
                                                                 DoOEMButton (133)
                                                      "                               (134)
                                                                                      (135) 
I'm not sure if I have a G540 problem or a Mach 3 problem. I bought a plug and play kiit thinking I would not have a problem with wires all over. The only wires I had to make was with the limit switches, which work fine.   Eli         

Offline Eli

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »
Hi Bush flyer. I have used that video before, that's where I kept getting "Not yet Implemented". I made some changes with the wiring to the limit switches and i got rid of the Not yet Implemented and now I get 4 lines of DoButton(24)  Now on the ststus bottom I get "error on line 1 "Argument Not optional."
                                                                         "          "  (23)
                                                                         "             (22)
                                                                         "             (25)
                                                                 DoOEMButton (133)
                                                      "                               (134)
                                                                                      (135) 
I'm not sure if I have a G540 problem or a Mach 3 problem. I bought a plug and play kiit thinking I would not have a problem with wires all over. The only wires I had to make was with the limit switches, which work fine.   Eli         

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »
You have to add the code to the button yourself. It would appear that you somehow copied some of the Ref All script into your auto zero button. You need to get an auto zero script.
Then go to Operator > Edit button script. Click on the auto zero button, and paste in your auto zero script. Then File >Save in the script editor.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Eli

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:12 PM »
Thank you Gerry. I copied one  and when my basement warms up I'll give it a shot. Eli
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:59 PM »
Mike,

I am in the same position you were a wee while ago. I am trying to figure out the zeroing procedure for my new router. Is there any chance that you could post the code you are using now for me to see? I would be really really grateful!

I am also looking to find out how I go about setting the machine up to implement tool changes. Also to return the gantry to the rear of the table when the job is finished so that I can remove and replace materials without the gantry getting in the way....

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Mike,

I am in the same position you were a wee while ago. I am trying to figure out the zeroing procedure for my new router. Is there any chance that you could post the code you are using now for me to see? I would be really really grateful!

I am also looking to find out how I go about setting the machine up to implement tool changes. Also to return the gantry to the rear of the table when the job is finished so that I can remove and replace materials without the gantry getting in the way....

Any help would be appreciated.

My 2010 Screenset does all those things.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »
This is what I have as my script, it is set up as a metric script. you can change the plate to whatever thickness of plate you have.   After you have finished setting up auto tool zero and are testing it make sure the touch plate will stop the Z axis by touching the plate, with your clip before testing it by lowering to the work piece. Also when testing auto tool Z lower the Z axis to near the work piece, then zero the Z axis before you press the auto tool zero, if the Z axis travels in the wrong direction you may have forgot to zero the Z axis I got caught out with this when I first tried it.
I am pretty sure this is how I have the script, but I will check later on today. Hope this helps.

Z zeroing macro by Scott Worden - Timber Lake Creations (and a little "Probe Var" tip from Brian ;-).

CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate.
PlateThickness = 0.80
ProbeFeed = 100

Code "G90 F" &ProbeFeed

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then
Code "G4 P5" 'Time to get to the z-plate
Code "G31Z-15 F" &ProbeFeed
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code "G4 P0.25"
ZProbePos = GetVar(2002)
Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness)
Code "G4 P0.5" 'Pause for Dro to update.
Code "G0 Z12.0" 'Change the Z retract height here
Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)"
Code "F" &CurrentFeed
Else
Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)"
Exit Sub
End If
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
I have just copied  the script straight from my Mach3. The thickness of my brass plate was changed to 0.63  that is where you put in the thickness of your plate. I hope this helps if not I will try to help as much as I can. Just now I am learning all about chip load there's lots to learn.  Let me know how you get on.
Mike.

CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate.
PlateThickness = 0.63
ProbeFeed = 100

Code "G90 F" &ProbeFeed

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then
Code "G4 P5" 'Time to get to the z-plate
Code "G31Z-15 F" &ProbeFeed
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code "G4 P0.25"
ZProbePos = GetVar(2002)
Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness)
Code "G4 P0.5" 'Pause for Dro to update.
Code "G0 Z12.0" 'Change the Z retract height here
Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)"
Code "F" &CurrentFeed
Else
Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)"
Exit Sub
End If 

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 06:57:09 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I will give it a go tomorrow. I found a document on the onsrud website that was pretty good with regard to chip calculations. I could be completely wrong on this as I have just started as well but it seemed to make sense. I see you are in Elgin, just up the road!

Ger, I like your screen it is much cleaner. I think I will be making a purchase. When watching your youtube video I noticed you have two touchplates. I take it you can just use one with your Z zero function.

Thanks, Stu

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 10:12:31 PM »
For single tool auto zeroing, you only need to use one. The second plate is required to do automatic auto zeroing during a tool change.
Gerry

2010 Screenset