Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 08:57:26 PM

Author Topic: Probe-It probing wizard - 2D perimeter probing  (Read 19147 times)

Re: Probe-It probing wizard - 2D perimeter probing
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:04 PM »
has anyone tried this with machstdmill I like the idea of this and would like to use it with mach standard mill

Thanks andrew
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »
I've put out a new revision of ProbeIt wizard, V1.1.2 is available for download.

Some of the changes:
   ·   Records Z postions in DXF now (can do 2.5D parts with various profiles at different elevations).     
   ·   Warn of 'zero mode on' when recording    , turn off DXF temporarily  
   ·   Updated Calibration Option 2 (now sets an x/y offset instead of allowing negative tip vallues for correction)     
   ·   Update setZ (change ZDRO set to center of ball)     
   ·   update touchz (change surface to bottom of ball)     
    ·   Added Z up/down buttons for manual control     
    ·   Constrain slope change on perimimeter routine added     
   ·   Added rapid FRO control      
   ·   Fix tip correct lookup error (negative angles caused issue)     
   ·   Fixed perimeter DXF write of interpolated Corners     
    ·   Altered calibration routines to discard prior data.
   ·   General screenset cleanup and bugfixes
   ·   Manual updated and improved to describe usage.

Some known issues:
*This wizard IS NOT COMPATIBLE with MachStdMill from Calypso Ventures, and cannnot be run while using MachStdMill Screenset due to conflicting use of DROs/LEDs/etc.  A workaround to use this wizard is to setup another Mach3 Profile that uses a standard screenset (1024.set, 2010 screenset, etc).
* This wizard is known to work on machines driven from the standard parallel port, a Smoothstepper, or CSMIO.  There is NO guarantee that it will work properly with any other external motion control device, as actual probing is handled within the motion controllers firmware and not Mach.  Test at your own risk.
* You must have Mach3, version 3.43.19 or later.  I recommend the latest lock down or 3.43.66 or later.  This wizard is untested with any 'modifed' version of Mach3, such as the version provided by Tormach.  Test at your own risk.

For any existing users:  to update, just replace your existing 'probeit' folder in addons with the new version, but keep and transfer over your license file if you have one.

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »
Eric,

I have been trying to purchace a license for your probe-it though your website and have emailed you a couple of times.
Are you still selling licenses?

Is there anyone that could sell me a lincese?
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
Are you still selling licenses for this? Has anyone tried this with an ethernet smoothstepper?
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 11:09:25 AM »
I hope he is still selling it as it works amazing well, I use it often, I'd be lost without it