Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:48:46 AM

Author Topic: How do you associate inputs & outputs to OEM codes?  (Read 2764 times)

How do you associate inputs & outputs to OEM codes?
« on: December 22, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »
Im setting Mach3 for the first time and I must be missing something obvious.  ??? I have a few user inputs and outputs wired up. They're defined in ports and pins and work correctly in the diagnostic screen or the outputs flip if I toggle output high/ low in the setup screen. How do I assign a function to the inputs and outputs. They are all just duplications of functions on the screen and have OEM codes like a reset input and a reset pilot light output, hold, start, etc. Can some one point me in the right direction please?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How do you associate inputs & outputs to OEM codes?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 02:41:52 PM »
You can either have them coming in as OEM Triggers rather than Inputs and then go to Config menu then System HotKeys and enter the OEM code of the function you wish to each trigger.
If you prefer to keep the Inputs then you can either use a Brain or a macropump to have Mach do what you want when they come active.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
Thanks Hood, it worked out fine. ;D I think I'll save the Brain writing until I have a little more confidence. Now it's off to the black arts of servo tuning. ::) Merry Christmas.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »
Hello Hood and everybody;

i have a dspmc from vital with 7535 IO card to ritrofit a machine.

i just start to analyse the machine and to think about how to write and develop some macros to control it.

now i have a problem in how to check  if an input ( i.e. User Led 1300) is triggered with in10seconds after the ouput was activates.

in other meaning , i want to check if my Pneumatic Piston done it's complete strock with in Maximum of 10 seconds. otherwise the Macro sends an Error message to the mach screen.

Note that the input could be triggered in 3-4 seconds . and so i dont want to lose 7 seconds in waiting for the inputs(Userled 1300)

if you any suggestion please let me know!!
regards;