Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:26:25 PM

Author Topic: Best controller card option  (Read 5151 times)

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
Re: Best controller card option
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »
Hello,
   I have a Galil 4163 ethernet card , and am currently using Camsoft to run a 4 axis mill, with a router spindle motor, have had a issue setting up the handwheel with the camsoft and galil, it makes me use the 6th axis and wouldnt accept the aux, for the handwheel.
 Any Ideas?
Calvin
I always had problems getting answers out of Camsoft. After they started charging the yearly fee for support I changed software.
If you can not get any answers out of them call galil support. They are quite helpful and some of them know alot about Camsoft.

Joe
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »
 Thats why Im looking into Mach3, I did talk to camsoft and I intend on changing my software
Calvin

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
When I had problems with the Camsoft guys I switched to a software called WINGCNC at this site http://www.jraco.com/
It was very basic, but the Owner was very friendly and got me up and running quick.
Back then I had a MFG company with only 1 machine. So trying to stop and learn how to get Mach configured to Galil was not possible.
But since that is not how I survive anymore this time I will not stop until I figure out how to get it setup.

You should really read many of the post in the Galil section of this forum. Lots of good info, but sort of a treasure hunt.
To use the Galil cards you have to add a plug in which is available at Artsoft ( Mach3) website.

I am still finishing building my current machine and setting up and figuring out how to use Mach3.

Joe