Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:25:39 PM

Author Topic: PoStep 25-32 led status red  (Read 4288 times)

PoStep 25-32 led status red
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
Hi Matevz,

I finished the conversion of my Proxxon MF70, now I'm in the process of wiring everything up and re-checking if everything still works.
Did the motor calbration, worked fine till a moment ago.

On one of my PoSteps the led status light is continuously red now after I accidentally hit the top bracket while I was manually jogging the Z-axis. I understand that the red light indicates there is a overtemperature or overcurrent.
I was checking if my top limit switch was working, it was. But then I hit the wrong jog key and it ran into the top bracket and the redlight came on.
I powered everthing down and let things cool for a bit, then powered everthing up again, immediately the red light came on. Other axis's working ok.
Is there a way I can see what the actual error is, I already tried swithing the PoStep, but that specific board lights up red immediately.
Is it a safe assumtion that I destroyed the Postep board in question or is it still rescueable? I already tried the cooldown as it says in the usermanual.

Greetz,

Tom
Re: PoStep 25-32 led status red
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
Update:

One of my DC leads was not tightened correctly, so it gave an intermittend contact.
Everything going alright again.
Let's see if I can calibrate the axis' to actual mm travel.
Re: PoStep 25-32 led status red
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 07:28:13 AM »
Hi
This product was retired and replaced with PoStep25-256.
Please check the NEW PoStep25-256
https://www.poscope.com/product/bipolar-stepper-motor-driver-postep25-256/