Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:51:26 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 with Heidenhain Control  (Read 4801 times)

Mach 3 with Heidenhain Control
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
I have acquired a Bridgeport mill with a heidenhain control. I am wondering if there is a post proccessor for the code generated by mach and lazy cam to feed needed form of ISO code to control. It seems to have a lot of different g code meanings and a diff. way to define arcs than mach. I can just use a dnc program with a few macros to feed mach code into my allen bradley and it works great but not so with heidenhain. Any help appreciated.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 with Heidenhain Control
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
I have not seen any PP info to modify it for LazyCam as LC is what it is  and may be better to use different software. See Page 32 in the Lazycam Manual which can be found in Member's Doc's as LC program options along with how Mach is configured is used for gcode output. I don't know the differences in gcode between Heidenhain and Mach but as you stated and as shown on page 32 what gcode produced for the Heidenhain controller must be appropriate.

RICH

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »
Thank you Rich. Guess that is why I came up empty searching on line and in forums. The man I purchased it from uses visual mill and I think he developed his own PP. He said he would help get me up if I bought that same program. It is reasonable priced but way more than Mach and I love Mach after using it for some tiime. I am really a slow learner on code variables, and he indicated the program has a kinda steep learning curve.

Thanks Again

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
Mach is a controller, it is not for producing code, so no post processor for Mach.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
Thank you Hood,

Scott

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 03:49:27 AM »
I have looked and BobCAD has a load of PP's for use with Heidenhain,  Dolphin has some as well, whether they are for the model you have or even how well they work I have no idea. It is however two CAMs you can look at.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 04:32:11 PM »
Thanks again Hood. I am in the process now of evaluating some options.