Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:05:19 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-S Problems  (Read 8547 times)

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
CSMIO/IP-S Problems
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
Having the following problems with the CS Labs CSMIO/IP-S, if anyone has any ideas how to cure the following issues it would be greatly appreciated 

1) Keep getting a "run as administrator mode" nag screen when starting Mach3, I am not able to just start the computer up and have it boot and start Mach automatically as it now hangs on the "run as administrator mode" nag screen, I have set win xp to run in administrator mode but still get the nag screen when starting Mach

2) Not able to get the CS Labs MPG resolution down to .0001"

3) When the servo alarm is tripped the CS Labs plugin will just give an generic fault line saying an E Stop requested due to an servo axis alarm, but it will not indicate which axis created the servo alarm.

CSMIO/IP-S Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »
Hi Cv580
With the admin goto the icon shortcut on your desktop for mach and find run as administrator check box. Tick it and apply.
I will check the other questions tonight on mine. But Hood will be about later on. He may have more answers.

Alan

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO/IP-S Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 10:32:24 PM »
Alan,
I have done what you have suggested but Mach still hangs with the splash screen. Are you running Win XP?
CSMIO/IP-S Problems
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 01:12:19 AM »
Hi Cv580
Win 7 64 bit

Alan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 03:32:41 AM »
The Run as Admin thing is a PITA and afraid it is something you will have to put up with when using XP  until CS-Lab change it. I have asked them to do it and if more people also ask then maybe they will do it. There may be a valid reason they have done this but for me, and you by the sounds of it, it is a major hindrence, especially as I have Mach set to auto start.

Regarding the MPG, the smallest step you can get is 0.001, this is becausethe MPG works in a similar method to Industrial MPGs, ie x1 x10 x100 where x1 is equal to 0.001"  or if using metric the mode is x10 x100 x1000 where x10 = 0.01mm

Dont think there is an option to choose it to show which servo has tripped unless you do that yourself via a Brain or Macropump or even set an OEM Trigger up.

Hood
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:36:10 AM by Hood »

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 09:01:29 AM »
Thanks Hood for your input. My boss has been in contact with CS Labs regarding the Run as Admin nag screen and has received an empty promise that it would be changed in the next plugin release which has not happened, as a matter of fact CS Labs had made several promises to my boss that they were going to change the resolution for the MPG so it could be selected to .0001" and that would be in the very next release of the plugin and that promise was made 11 months ago and several plugin releases later and no changes yet! Then with the later plugin versions the run as admin nag screen issue showed up. Our customer QA audit picked up on the servo alarm issue which is out of their standard operating procedures, so the machine sits idle until these issues are cleared up. The boss is not impressed at all with CS Labs and the empty promises from their product support.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »
The run as admin message only appeared in 051 plugin, or at least it did for me, 052 came out not long after and I am not sure what the changes were in that plugin, I had thought maybe it was the message but alas not to be. Its a PITA but certainly not a deal breaker for me as the IP-A is simply the best controller I have used with Mach and to be honest if you think support from CS-Lab is poor you really dont want to try some of the others ;D I am not making excuses for empty promises but I do know they have a lot on their plate at the moment with the work to get the plugin for Mach4 done, so I can imagine that programmers time is stretched at the moment.

What is the reason you need less than 0.001" step? I think the 0.01mm in my case is fine although I could actually get 0.001mm if I required as if using metric and choosing the x1 x10 x100 scale I would get 0.001mm 0.01mm and 0.1mm, I just dont feel the need for it for what I do. I am thinking however if you need it for a specific task it may be possible to work around it, but depends if its just a single move you require or a few of them in short succession.

Regarding the servo alarm, depending on your setup that should be a relatively easy thing to do, I have something similar on my Chiron.

Hood
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:33:56 PM by Hood »

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
Hood
The reason for .0001" step on the MPG is customer driven. The shop I work for is a repair and overhaul center for turbine engines, the manufacture has processes and procedures that have to be followed before they will authorize any repair or mod to their engine modules. The manufacture will come to our shop and do an QA audit on any machine or equipment that we want to put into service to do contract work for them.
The machine that had the CS Labs conversion is being stripped now and will be fitted with another control, we have just converted a Fadal VMC  with a control from Vital Systems and it is working very well as a single operation stand alone machine and also passed the Quality Assurance audit.
On your Chiron when the servo alarm is activated do  you have a message in Mach indicating which axis created the alarm?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 03:03:51 AM »
I have a LED showing which drive has tripped.
Hood

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »
Hood
Is the LED fed directly off the drive or do you have it coming off the control?